• GoCentral | Website Builder

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution
    Helper I

GoCentral-Deleting images from "My Images"

How can I delete images I no longer want to use from "My Images" using GoCentral?

40 REPLIES 40

Re: GoCentral-Deleting images from "My Images"

Good Question.Wish I had an answer

Hey @Digitell,

Welcome to the community! Smiley Happy

Right now, there is no method of removing images from the "My Images" section of the GoCentral site designer. I'll pass this along as feedback for our developers to look into for future updates they have planned. 

CG - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
    24/7 support available at x.co/247support
    Helper I

Thank you for letting me know! 

question about removing a photo from a photo gallery

Fairly new to this but am getting it...however I would like to know if you can remove a photo from a photo gallery? I cant seem to figure out how to do this?!

Highlighted
    Helper I

Re: question about removing a photo from a photo gallery

Hello,

To remove an image from your Photo Gallery, select the image you want to remove. The side panel will show your Gallery Images thumbnails. Select the thumbnail of the image you wish to remove and at the bottom will be a button that says Remove From Gallery. I hope this helps!

Please please please let the site designer(s) know that it would be very helpful to be able to delete unwanted images. As a lovely bonus - it would be even better to be able to move them around into groupings. Thank you 

How is it possible you released a system that doesn't allow you to delete images? Right now "My images" is cluttered with stuff I was just trying out. Now I am stuck with it. Please assign a high priority to this fix.

Please, please, please create a delete button to remove unwanted images from "My Images".  This section is cluttered with pics that are no longer relevant. It's frustrating to have to scroll through all the garbage pics to get to the ones I need.  Thank you in advance. 

No. It doesn't work like that. Can you do it? I don't think so. Regards

there is no 'remove from gallery' button at the bottom - that's the whole point

THEN HURRY UP - this is an appalling oversight by your developers. Wasting HOURS trying to follow your 'help' advice and getting nowhere.  

There has obviously been feedback on this. I'm not sure why such a basic, straight forward feature such as being able to clean up your images is not available. It makes zero sense. It is literally INTEGRAL to being able to effectively build and manage a site. I mean seriously, how is this not possible? It needs to be fixed immediately.

The previous web designer GoDaddy was using was fine. This one is crap. If I wanted a half-assed Word Press site I would have signed up elsewhere. 

It's ridiculous to not be able to delete pictures from the gallery.

I have all kind of problems with size and format. And lots of test pictures I can not delete.

Useless!!

New

This is absolutely ridicules not being able to delete unwanted photo's

I agree with all the other commentors, this current GoDaddy Website Builder is total crap!

Community Manager
    Community Manager

@Crapware@Digitell@RobCar@sveinungbiz@heavymetalglass,

Just wanted to let you know that our GoCentral team will be answering questions tomorrow, Tuesday, July 20th in our GoCentral "AMA" Ask me Anything between 11-12 pm PT in this thread https://www.godaddy.com/community/GoCentral-Website-Builder/quot-AMA-quot-With-GoCentral-Team-On-quo.... If you can't join, please feel free to post a question beforehand for them to answer. Thanks!

Rachel

New

Just wanted to let you know that our GoCentral team will be answering questions tomorrow, Tuesday, July 20th in......

The fact that there is still no answer since the question was asked in Feb tells the whole story. No one at Go Daddy is interested in hearing from the people that buy and use their products, (especially when pointing out an obvious problem). 

PS

You posted the wrong date

really? I have same question - but it is strange because when i drag for photo insert, and then choose the photo from my images, on that screen there are "-" (aka delete) icons on each photo - so indeed, I hit the delete, BUT then next time I went to add a photo, all of the "deleted" images were still there !  I do not understand how to manage photo gallery. It does not let you access it outside of adding / changing a photo? I cannot find it if it does (?) since I would think there is a separate tool that goes to the Saved Images folder to organize it ? 

Seriously!!!!  You don't have a way to remove photos from My Images???  That is the stupidest thing I have ever heard.  I'm on a trial period with this and I need the ability to get rid of images I don't want.  I'm trying to figure out how to use it and uploaded pictures I don't want now.  Who designed this and what manager approved the design?  All you do is was space on your systems and this causes you to have to buy more disk arrays and back up more data that is not needed.  I'm truly amazed.

John

Can we still not delete unwanted images? I can't finish my first email campaign because I need to add photos and it says I have too many but it won't let me delete garbage ones. I'm starting a new business and it's a few days until Christmas and this is one of the stupidest problems I have run into. I can't believe how long you have let a basic problem like this go. I have run into so many problems with GoDaddy. I will be looking for a new host ASAP.

Helper V

I'm not sure which product you are using, but in the GoCentral Store (what I have), on the different page setups, you can delete any image from My Images by clicking on the image you want to delete and going to the top of all the thumbnails and clicking the trashcan.

New

The original problem finally got fixed, you should be able to delete pic's now ?

If you look back in this post there was no way to delete your unneeded or unused photos from my image. Back in Feb the Community Moderator passed that feedback along and some time in the summer or fall they finally fixed it.

Helper V

I am able to delete, however, it seems as of just this past Wednesday, the previous poster still was not. They are saying it tells them they have too many images. This is strange, because I've seen nothing saying there is a limitation. (Is there?) Nonetheless, it seems some people are still having a problem, or haven't noticed the trashcan symbol at the top right under My Images.

New

Thank you for checking into that...and I checked "email me when someone replies"  so I assume you'll let us know here when you have a solution, please? It's kind of annoying, that sometimes I get double of the same images imported.

I have duplicate images in my gallery.  I can manuver easily through the template but I can not delete duplicate images or images I no longer want or need in my gallery of images.  I can delete form a page but not the gallery.

on your services or products page, click on the thumb nail under main photo and click the garbage can.  this is for store fronts but i am sure it works other places as well.  i hope this helps.

If I remove a photo from the gallery to make room for more- will it remain posted in my blog?

or must it be in the gallery to appear in the blog pages?

thanks

Why isn't there an option to display titles and comments from the photo metadata? 

Product Team
    Product Team
    Solution

Hi - images uploaded or selected from our stock media gallery can be deleted.  When you are in the Image Manager, select the image and click on the delete button. We will look into the issue raised that you're getting duplicate images uploaded. thanks, Christine, Product Management team

Product Team
    Product Team

We are working on improvements to make it easier to organize media in the Image Manager. At this time we do not have support for this, unfortunately.  Christine, Product Management team

Product Team
    Product Team

Hi @sickofthis We are working on improvements to make it easier to organize media in the Image Manager. At this time we do not have support for this, unfortunately.  Christine, Product Management team

Same issue ... I clipped an image for a blog and afterward found a better image ... I replaced it, but I don't want the older image on the filesystem taking up unnecessary space or having a cluttered image library ... How can I delete unwanted images from the GoCentral Web Development tool?

Thank you

New

Sorry, but this has NOT been resolved in the "My Images" folder. I have a bunch of images I don't want, and I cannot find a way to get rid of them. Please let me know if I am missing something. If not. Please fix this! It's a basic component of efficiency. Why would you want all those extra images on your server, and I don't want to sort through hundreds of images to find the one I want.

Re: GoCentral-Deleting images from "Image Library"

Why can't I remove/delete images from my Image Library? You only allow 250 images and after resizing and updating many, I will be full without this option. Please add a delete button/option for My Image Library.

Please do it SOON!

Yes this feature is absolutely necessary ... otjerwise it’s back to using Wix instead

So, without a lot of double talk, when will we be able to delete/remove images from our Image Library?

Helper V

@donnasetterlundI just tested mine and I seem to be able to delete images. I'm using the GoCentral Store. Are you clicking on the circle in the image box and then going to the top and hitting the delete button with the trash can?

Product Team
    Product Team
    Solution

Hi all - here is some clarification that I hope will help:  

1) We do not have any max limit for number of images stored - whether you are adding your own or using stock media.  What might be confusing for this is that we allow a "multi-select" option to save time - that is limited to 250 where you select up to 250 images and upload all at once. But the total number stored is not capped.

2) For stock media, there is no delete button because we just show you what image match the search. Can you say more on where you are getting stuck? You should not have to delete anything to "make room" since we have no max.

3) For images you upload yourself, there IS a delete button if you want to remove those from the library.

4) The feature that is not available yet is file organization and tagging.  This does not affect your ability to delete or add images.

I hope this helps - please let me know. Thanks, Christine

Helper V

@ChristineLThis is fabulous information to know. Thanks for telling us all how these things work!!