cancel
    Showing results for 
    Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution
    Highlighted
    Helper I

GoCentral Search Engine

Recently I switched to GoCentral & published my web site. I now notice on the Weekly Stat Counter Report no visits have been reported for the last 2 weeks. Prior to publishing GoCentral site weekly reports averaged 6 daily visits. What have I done wrong with wettings in GoCentral search engine? I do notice that GoCentral has a report of visits.

I also find that my site not listed on any search while previously it could be easily found.

Yes, I ask for your critique.  Thanks

johnnymargo
    6 REPLIES 6
    Super User II

Re: GoCentral Search Engine

Hello 

Zulfiqar Anees | GoDaddy PRO | Founder/CEO at TechMag, ZulWeb, Enter To Study
    Helper I

Thanks. Have done as you suggested. My concern is and continues - I have account with Statcounter.com & after changing to GoCentral my visits dropped to ZERO & continue. My other web site gdmint.com continue to receive hits. This inconsistency baffles.

I checked my SEO & GoCentral claims it to be GOOD. 

Will continue to monitor & make the only minor adjustments offered by CoCentral. I view the META source on the site & find it to be very limited as compared to when I used Website Builder.

Appreciate your assistance.

johnnymargo
    Super User III
    Super User III

@johnnymargo 

If you were getting 6 hits per week, there's a good chance that it was just bots and not actual humans. Typically, most SEO and traffic products don't count those visits as they don't add anything of value to your SEO.

Best Regards,

Joe

Check out my site! | My Garage Articles | Portfolio/Resume

* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. I DO NOT PROVIDE ANSWERS VIA PM. If you would like personalized help, you can see my pricing on my services page. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!

Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community
    Helper I

@MrVapor StatCounter gave several categories for the visits to web site. Statistics shown: page views, new visits, visitors, sessions. Google analytics needs for me to add some code to my web page for the stat counter. I do not know how to add this code in GoCentral. I added the code in WEB Site builder for my other web page (gdmint.com). Does this mean that GoCentral not flexible & can only follow instructions under SEO for search information? Can I edit the code for the site?

Apparently GoCentral a cookbook site builder with very little information. Appreciate your comments.

johnnymargo
    Super User III
    Super User III
    Solution

Hey there @johnnymargo 

You can actually connect directly to Google Analytics through the GoCentral Dashboard. Here's how.

Additionally, here's the guide to all things GoCentral currently. The GC team does a really good job making sure the program is documented. They're constantly improving it as well. It does take time to build out, though. Also keep in mind a lot of SEO features are built in if you go to the dashboard as well. 

I hope that info helps.

Best Regards,

Joe

Check out my site! | My Garage Articles | Portfolio/Resume

* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. I DO NOT PROVIDE ANSWERS VIA PM. If you would like personalized help, you can see my pricing on my services page. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!

Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community
    Helper I

Much appreciated. Successfully signed in to Google Analytics for GoCentral web site. For many years used StatCounter.com. In order to continue using I would need to imbed some HTML code into web site. Does GoCentral allow for this to be performed?

Also have a second web site built with Web Site builder & will soon update & also sign in to Google Analytics. This site continues to receive numerous visits but requires additional work. See gdmint.com

Thanks

johnnymargo