• GoDaddy Community
  • GoCentral | Website Builder
  • GoCentral | Website Builder

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution

Godaddy online store problem - Flawed search function?

I have a Godaddy online store and I recently noticed something wrong with the results provided by the search box.

If you search for one single word it works perfectly, but add 2 words that are not in sequence then it fails to find anything. 

e.g if I had a title that said "Car Bus Boat", and searched for "Car Bus" the search would find it, but if I enter "Car Boat" then it says 0 results.

Not sure of this is a recent change, but this used to work fine and something has changed.

Anyone else had this issue?

4 REPLIES 4
    Helper V
    Helper V

Re: Godaddy online store problem - Flawed search function?

@schumie-spares,

Please call GoDaddy product team, and they will help you...

Regards,

Praveen Thomas

GoDaddy 24/7 Support www.x.co/247support
    ----->NEXIA

I contacted Godaddy support to be told that this was the way their search works. Not on any other website I've ever been on.

Surely this is a pretty fundamental point of the search; to search the entire title?

Highlighted

I have been trying to get them to fix this since I started my store with them a couple of years ago.  It has gotten so bad I am going to have to move to another provider in the hopes that their team can properly code a search function.  A properly working search is pretty basic stuff and to have one that doesn't work is a disaster.  How many sales are Go-Daddy stores losing because of this?  Go-Daddy is losing this customer over this and a lack of a way to stop spammers using my contact form.

Helper V
    Solution

@schumie-spares This topic has been discussed at great length in another thread. Please refer to that thread here:

https://www.godaddy.com/community/GoCentral/A-Strong-Case-to-AVOID-Go-Daddy-for-sellling-your-items/...

tags: search function feature