• GoCentral | Website Builder
  • GoCentral | Website Builder

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution

Google maps java error after publishing

After uploading files to my a cPanel Linux site, I'm getting a "Oops! Something went wrong.

This page didn't load Google Maps correctly. See the JavaScript console for technical details." message on the map for my business. 

It looks just fine in Dreamweaver and when I view in the browser locally.  The map pops up briefly then disappears and the error pops up.

I'm not sure how to view or fix the error, as it only shows once the site is uploaded.  

The page site I am building is located at:  http://www.ardwickoilandgasproduct.com/contacts.html
    It's a template from template monster and works fine everywhere else I try to view it.

Any suggestions?
    Thanks!
    7 REPLIES 7
    Anonymous
    Not applicable

Re: Google maps java error after publishing

Hi,

Are you trying to embed google maps into your site page by any chance? 

Don't do this.

Get a map image, Wikipedia is a good place to look because they licence on Creative Commons licence. 

Use google maps to go to where you are on the map.

Click once only in the search bar, the short url will be fully expanded. Copy this link.

Link your still map photo to the link you just copied.

When you click on the photo (link the whole image, not just a title) it will take you direct to Google maps. This is perfectly legal and legitimate and providing google don't change their link, yours will work too. They rarely do this, but if your map stops working in the future, refresh the link.

Solution

Update:  This message is due to Google now requiring a API in the code.  This happened sometime during 2016.  Here are links to explain more about this and how to correct it.

How to Fix "This page didn’t load Google Maps correctly" Error - churchthemes.com

api - This page didn't load Google Maps correctly. See the JavaScript console for technical details ...

Tip: On my site/template the script was actually in the header of my page vs in the script.js file.

google map not showing in browser.

I never got a response to my last question but am hoping to get a response to this one.  Our location is recognized by Google Maps and the map shows up when editing the site. However, after publishing to the web, there is a message where the map should be that says, "Google -This page can't load Google Maps correctly.  Do you own this website?"  When I click the "OK" button provided, the message goes away and the map shows up in a darkened version.  Can anyone tell me how to fix this problem?  Is this a GoDaddy issue?  It's impossible to get any help from them.  Their phone numbers are not toll-free and CHAT is no longer available!  Here is a link to the web page: http://www.littlevikings4k.com/contact-us.html.

Re: google map not showing in browser.

Hi @tamakins

Please check post above on how to resolve.

KayJay - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
    24/7 support available at x.co/247support

Thank you! I hope this will help.

Tamlyn

Re: google map not showing in browser.

In my Google Map Doesn't display correctly message, there is no link to details or a way to fix it. Here is the link to my page so you can see what comes up: http://www.littlevikings4k.com/contact-us.html

And in case you are wondering, we do indeed own the website.  Hope someone can help.

Thanks,

tamakins

Employee
    Employee
    Solution

Hi @jLynJim @tamakins,

Google did make an update to the way maps display online which affected the Website Builder map widget. We have rolled out an update to fix the errors and update the map widget to be compatible with Google's current standards.

If you find that the map widget on your Website Builder is still displaying an error, please contact our Customer Support team and we will ensure the issue gets resolved.

Thanks!

James - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
    24/7 support available at x.co/247support