• GoDaddy Community
  • GoCentral | Website Builder
  • GoCentral | Website Builder

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 

HTML in the <head> GoCentral

I need the ability to insert HTML in the <head> of my GoCentral pages to allow more accurate tracking by my internet marketing company. I previously did this on Website Builder no problem. HTML in the body is a nice addition (which should have been there at launch), but this script won't work from the body.

Any work around, or proposed upcoming updates to the platform?

Really think I was sold a bill of goods on this "upgrade" to GoCentral. All of these features that I had relied on have been removed with no mention when upgrading. I want <H1> and meta tags to be accessible again as well. SEO is a joke on GoCentral.

Also, if Website Builder is obsolete, dump all of the help forum content that is only relevant to it, so searches give results to active products.

8 REPLIES 8
    Community Manager
    Community Manager

Re: HTML in the <head> GoCentral

Hi @skiibum. Welcome to GoDaddy Community! 

Thanks for taking the time to provide your feedback. Right now, GoCentral only has the option to insert Google Analytics or Facebook Pixel tracking codes into the Head of the website. I'll make sure your feedback gets passed on to developers. As far as I know, there is no workaround for this, but perhaps another community member can offer a suggestion. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

I totally agree with you and am so frustrated. Unfortunately, I didn't realize that I couldn't put the code in the <head> of GoCentral until I had spend months moving and rebuilding my content. GoDaddy's "solution" is always to upgrade to a web hosting plan.

I thought this was an upgrade.

If you find a solution, I would love to know it!

Agree! stop holding us back from building our website. Seems Godaddy is trying to push us away and forcing us to use wordpress to make a website.

New

I just purchased a new domain name with GoCentral and I am trying to "verify" my URL with Google search index. Using the <head> tag would be so easy if it was an option like it was with the old Website Builder. No cool!

As nice as Website Builder might look...no HTML header access for codes and no comments on blogs means we'll likely need to look at alternatives...

Highlighted

Agree! This is going to frustrate me to no end if it's not fixed soon. But also, if web site builder had the same functionality as this forums wysiwyg editor I would not need to change any code!  

Product Team
    Product Team

We restrict this for security reasons. However please let me know what tracking integration folks need. We can continue to add more. Thanks, Christine

I'm a web designer / local marketing agency. My client has asked me to do some re-targeting and advertising. I use a commercially available system, where I need to tag website visitors with a tracking pixel, and I run retargeting ads to them later. As it stands, I now need to share the bad news with my client that her GoCentral website does not allow us to use our standard system for retargeting / remarketing, and she either needs to re-do her website in a more capable system, or find someone else.