cancel
    Showing results for 
    Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution
    andytai
    Novice

How can I add the Facebook Social Plugin to my webpage

Is it possible to add the Facebook Social Plugin to my webpage.  I added the following code to my web page using the HTML widget but it is not working.  I am wondering if it is because the first section of the code needs to be inside the BODY tag.

Step 1: Include the JavaScript SDK on your page once, ideally right after the opening body tag.

<div id="fb-root"></div>
    <script>(function(d, s, id) {
      var js, fjs = d.getElementsByTagName(s)[0];
      if (d.getElementById(id)) return;  js = d.createElement(s); js.id = id;  js.src = 'https://connect.facebook.net/en_US/sdk.js#xfbml=1&version=v3.0';  fjs.parentNode.insertBefore(js, fjs);
    }(document, 'script', 'facebook-jssdk'));</script>

Step 3: Place this code wherever you want the plugin to appear on your page.
    <div class="fb-page" data-href="https://www.facebook.com/MyFB/" data-tabs="timeline" data-small-header="false" data-adapt-container-width="true" data-hide-cover="false" data-show-facepile="true"></div>

3 REPLIES 3
    Community Manager
    Community Manager
    Solution

Re: How can I add the Facebook Social Plugin to my webpage

Hey @andytai. Thanks for being part of GoDaddy Community! I was able to get this to work. When you get the code for the app, there should be an option to chose between Javascript SDK and Iframe. What you have above is the Javascript code. I couldn't get that to work either. But, when I used the code from the Iframe option, it worked fine. Hope that helps!

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.
    Pro Community Founder Artisan Pro Community Founder Artisan
    Pro Community Founder Artisan

@andytai

Hmmm.... The HTML tab can accept JavaScript and it states it would inject the script *between* the body tags.  Your notes does indicate "ideally right after the opening tag" so I would make sure that HTML widget is the first thing you add on that page.

Then for the display snippet put that in another HTML widget where you want it to display.

If that doesn't work then only GoDaddy can advise why.  Maybe that type of script is not compatible with the GoCentral interface?

HTH! Smiley Wink

Judith
    "I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have." ~ Thomas Jefferson

andytai
    Novice

Thanks Jesse.  Using the code from the iframe option works for me as well.