• GoDaddy Community
  • GoCentral | Website Builder
  • GoCentral | Website Builder

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 

How do I remove the address from the copyright line of an email campaign??

Hello everyone!  We are just getting started and was building an email campaign to send out but every single option has the copyright line at the bottom including our address.  Normally that wouldn't be an issue but we don't have a store front and are operating our business from a storage unit so it is showing our home address that is associated with the GoDaddy account information.  I was able to delete this from the website but it does not allow me to change this setting at all for the email campaigns.  Any ideas how to fix??

7 REPLIES 7
    Employee
    Employee

Re: How do I remove the address from the copyright line of an email campaign??

https://www.ftc.gov/tips-advice/business-center/guidance/can-spam-act-compliance-guide-business

The can-spam act requires a physical address in marketing email.

Anonymous
    Not applicable

@BenWTF@laurarosera,

.........and rightly so!!

Thanks I was not aware.  We are operating out of our home and just didn’t want our home address on there.

Any recommendation what to use if we don’t want that displayed?  Should we get a PO Box?

Anonymous
    Not applicable

Hi @laurarosera,

The good news is that you can use a P.O. box. Please read rule 4 under the act though that @BenWTF kindly researched and provided in his post. The mailbox must be a properly registered one. 

But how do you actually change that on the bottom of the campaign?  I have updated my address on my acct, etc, yet it still shows my home address, instead of the P.O. Box....help! Smiley Happy

New

I am having the same problem. I updated my address and it won't change on my campaign. I can edit everything but that FOOTER text. 

Community Manager
    Community Manager

Hi @SallyK,

I hope you have your issue resolved by now but if not, you may find some of this information helpful. All the best!

Rachel