• GoDaddy Community
  • GoCentral | Website Builder
  • GoCentral | Website Builder

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 

How to choose the image that is show in preview when I share link to my site?

When I send a link to my site (via email or text) a random image (from my page) is being used for the preview. How can force web builder to use the image I want? 

thanks for the help, I have searched for an hour and can't figure it out :-( 

4 REPLIES 4
    Employee
    Employee

Re: How to choose the image that is show in preview when I share link to my site?

I manage a bunch of GD account, and have built numerous Gocentral websites. Can you provide more detail of what is happening? What do you mean when you send photos to your site?

Re: How to choose the image that is show in preview when I share link to my site?

when I text someone a link to my home page, they get the link and a preview image:

Image-1.png

I am trying to figure out how to make this image the MAIN image on my site, the photo shown above is probably the 6 or 7th pic on the site. 

Does this explain what I am asking? Thank you for the reply!

Helper V
    Helper V

@codycpt,

The image scrapping is done differently by different systems or protocols...

Most of the websites use Open Graph tags to get title, summary, image, and so on...

For example "Add This" will use will a protocol, and other sharers will use a different one...

Maybe you can try setting Open Graph tags in header...

Please use respective developer docs to know more details...

Thank you

Regards,

Praveen Thomas

GoDaddy 24/7 Support www.x.co/247support
    ----->NEXIA

I have the same problem and this answer doesn't help. The preview on Google is apparently chosen at random and when I share my link on Facebook, there is no preview image at all. How do you specify what preview image shows on a Google search and also when sharing a link via social media?