• GoDaddy Community
  • GoCentral | Website Builder
  • GoCentral | Website Builder

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 

How to set up Customer Accounts for returning business ?

Hi All ,

So i have built my website using the builder tool , i have an online store with shopping cart and checkout. i have had a customer purchase an item with no issues.

However one thing is missing , How do i get a customer to set up an account with me ?

You know so that the customers details are saved and they can log in to check orders and purchase more goods faster.

Have looked at all the tools but cannot see this option , i'm sure it is possible as it is a pretty standard option on all online shops nowadays , right ?

Maybe i'm just being stupid ?

Help Please, Ta

4 REPLIES 4
    Helper V
    Helper V

Re: Customer Accounts for returrning business ?

@blackcrow24,

I don't think Website Builder provides registration features!, Not that I am aware of...

You must go for a CMS like WordPress, Drupal, Joomla, etc...

The CMS provides registration features!, and you can make it work as you like...

There are many plugins and themes!, and so you can customize to your requirements...

Both the customer and you will have a dashboard or portal...

Thank you

Regards,

Praveen Thomas

GoDaddy 24/7 Support www.x.co/247support
    ----->NEXIA
    Employee
    Employee

Re: How to set up Customer Accounts for returning business ?

Hi @blackcrow24 -

Thank you for using GoCentral Online Store!Customer accounts is definitely on our roadmap and we're working toward it.  There are a few things we need to do first, but we're definitely heading in that direction. I do not yet have a target date, sorry about that. 

Thank you -

Heidi, GoDaddy product manager

Another that wants customer accounts.  This is a basic feature available even in most FREE webstores.  I am surprised that GD didn't integrate this from the get go.

New

Another vote for customer account. I wish I knew right away GoDaddy doesn't provide that. I will choose something else