• GoCentral | Website Builder

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution
    Highlighted

Inconsiderate changes to Website Builder

I created my website using GoDaddy's Website Builder and it took me significant amount of time to create the type of content I wanted aligning all headlines and text sections on the length.

I paid for the Website Builder for 1 year in advance.

A few weeks later, that is yesterday, I logged in because I wanted to reword 1 word in my web, and it turns out all my headlines are marked with "You have exceeded the limit for this field" error.

I called Support but they said my options are, either to re-do my website (and I would have to approach it from the start and create something completely different because cutting on the headlines by half will cause the content to have no sense) or to build all again using WordPress.

Furthermore if I wanted to cancel the builder, they wont refund because 30 days has passed.

How is the change to number of chars in Headlines justified?

1 REPLY 1
    Super User III
    Super User III
    Solution

Re: Inconsiderate changes to Website Builder

@Margaretka 

Unfortunately, this is the way technology works. It's constantly updated and changed. A lot of market research goes into these changes. I understand the frustration but you must remember that GoCentral is a proprietary GoDaddy product. They can and will make changes if they see fit.

If you'd like to have more control over your website, I would suggest going with a platform like WordPress or code something from scratch.

Best Regards,

Joe

Check out my site! | My Garage Articles | Portfolio/Resume

* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. I DO NOT PROVIDE ANSWERS VIA PM. If you would like personalized help, you can see my pricing on my services page. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!

Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community