• GoCentral | Website Builder

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution
    DMS
    Novice

Is it not Possible To Copy The Product Options And Apply It To Every Product???

The options for most of my products are the same and i can have up to 5 options on one product with multiple choices for each and it takes up so much time having to type each one individually. I chose to create my Website GoDaddy as it ticked all the boxes for what i needed, This is the only option i find so far that is a bit of a pain. it is going to take me Months at this rate to get my website sorted. I may have to look at another place to do my Website.. Is this something you could look at doing asap or in the near future. I'm sure a lot of people would love to be able to do the same thing.

Thank you :-)

17 REPLIES 17
    Employee
    Employee

Re: Is it not Possible To Copy The Product Options And Apply It To Every Product???

Hi @DMS

Thank you for your post. I dig into my test account and there does not currently seems to be a way to copy options via the store designer itself however, if you navigate to  Products > All products >  Import Products , you may export a sample CSV file to enter all product details with and copy/paste the options within the columns of the excel file and then import to the store. 

However, this does absolutely seems to be a needed functionality and I will bring this topic up with our product developers to see if we can get this functionality included as apart of the product interface itself. Great Suggestion!

Sorry for any inconvenience the limitation is causing, I will post again if I have any updates on if this will be moving forward. 

Best Wishes!

-TechFly

OneLlama
    Novice

Re: Is it not Possible To Copy The Product Options And Apply It To Every Product???

This was very helpful thank you! I have a question... I've made my csv file and all is working pretty well... but do you know how I can add a charge for an "add-on"?  For instance, I need to charge for gift wrap.  Is there an additional column I need to add into my csv file?

chadhamre
    Novice

One way to achieve this is to export your products to a CSV, and then update the options in the CSV and then re-import it to GoCentral.

Good idea. You can do a product export with this tool: http://export-godaddy-products.com

JUST FYI I am also in need of being able to copy my item over and over without having to copy and paste, if ETSY can do I know you guys can! Thanks...Dolphin.photos

Employee
    Employee
    Solution

Hi,

Thanks for sharing your concern. What you are looking for is a product template, from which you can create many of your products.  Interestingly, GoCentral online stores has this capability, though we don't call it a template feature. 

Here's how it works,

1. Create a base (or template) product with the options you want

2. Uncheck 'Visibility' checkbox and save the product.  Now, you have created template product that only visible to you and not available to you customers.

3. When you are ready to create a new product, make a copy of the 'template' product and update the details on the copy and enable 'Visibility' checkbox.  

4. Your new product will be available on store, for your customers.

5. You can continue to use the 'template' product to create your new products easily.

Hope this helps,

Thanks,

Mohan Kumaresh

Product Manager, Online stores

debb59
    Novice

This is a most tedious work around, at best. Very disappointed this is not current functionality.

Cathya240
    Novice

How do you make a copy of my template when I want to add a new product?

fitterscaps
    Novice

@Cathya240 To make a copy from you template you clone the template.  There are icons on the side of your product that has a pencil to edit, a double image to clone and a garbage can to delete.  This has worked very well with my products and saves a lot of time!

needragr
    Apprentice

The cloning feature is only a very recent addition 

This does not seem to be a very well thought out process.  When I try to clone a product it carries over 2 of my options.  There has to be a better way to duplicate all options for type of product.  I've called the' in person chat' and was told by the technician that there was NO way to duplicate or replicate products...  I only found this after getting off of the phone with him.  So while it sounded good, it only partially works. 

Is anyone else having an issue with the cloning feature?

fitterscaps
    Novice

I am not sure why you are having an issue. When I clone a product that is set up with all options and add ons the clone has all of them. All I have to do is put in the image and change the name, item number, and category. Works good for my products.

Do you have more than 2 options listed in your products?

RoseCrazy
    Novice

I am just starting and boy I have to agree with you. If you are selling T-shirts with multiple colors it seems crazy to have a list of options and the prices rather than a direct way like drop down menu that the customer then selects their color or slogan for their T shirt, and the a drop down menu that offers sizing. Here an example of complex options that I have a website hosted by another company.options.JPG

novakowski
    Novice

How do you make a copy of the template or base?  There used to be an option and I do not see that option anymore.  each of my products have the same 20 or so options and I used to be able to save a product and create a new one with the same options.

novakowski
    Novice

The pencil icon to edit / clone a product is not available anymore.  Was there an update on GoDaddy Central that eliminated that option?

novakowski
    Novice

This used to work for, however, I do not have the Pencil Icon anymore.  Does anyone else have that issue now?  I tried different browsers to see if it was a browser issue with no luck