• GoDaddy Community
  • GoCentral | Website Builder
  • GoCentral | Website Builder

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 

Loosing customers due to poor navigation

Navigating through products in sub categories is dumping people back to "all products". Help!

Say you are browsing one of my sub categories because you are interested in "petite bracelets", you look at one product and want to look at the next. But you can't. It throws you back to "all products, page one" every time. Is there a fix for this? Is there something I can do in settings? It's really annoying my customers, and me! Help!

3 REPLIES 3
    Community Manager
    Community Manager

Re: Loosing customers due to poor navigation

Hi @CreativeObs. Thanks for being part of GoDaddy Community! Thanks for the feedback. Many users today are savvy in getting around a website. The easiest (and most common) way for customers on websites to go back to a previous page is with the back button. This is true for both mobile and desktop. Though I can see what you mean by having a dedicated link to view "all products" instead of the categories dropdown. We'll be sure your feedback is passed on. We're always looking for ways to improve. Thanks!

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.
    Helper V

@CreativeObs @JesseW This topic has been brought up in a few threads, including this one:

https://www.godaddy.com/community/GoCentral-Website-Builder/Categories-vs-viewing-all-products/m-p/5...

It really does need to be addressed because the navigation is a big turn off and very confusing to customers. They were suppose to be looking into it...

New

This has been a big issue for me and I posted about it in another thread somewhere....  I finally called support to see if there was anything they could do about it since I didn't see anyone from support giving any other options on this. The guy I spoke to went through my site and agreed that it could be confusing and put in a suggestion for me. He said if enough people have this issue that the team will come up with an update for it, but we have to speak up about it. He said they listen, but they don't always make it to the forums. So, if you are having an issue with your customers clicking on a product out of a category or sub-category and then clicking on "view all products" (as they think they are going back to view all the products in the category they were viewing) only to be dumped back in to the main page, then call support and request this be fixed. Yes, it takes a few minutes, but hey, if it helps relieve us of this frustrating issue, then it is worth it!!! I have been looking to move my site because it is that frustrating to me, but will hold off to see if they fix this in the near future. It's really the only thing I am having a serious annoyance with. Hope I see this fixed soon.