cancel
    Showing results for 
    Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution

Re: Making pages require login for residents

@GaryA wrote:

Hi @ChelseaPlace, thanks for posting.

GoCentral Website Builder does not support user accounts or logins. There isn't a great alternative way to set this up in GoCentral, but perhaps a Community member will have a suggestion. ^Gary

Hello,

This reply is not true or at least no longer true. You can choose to make a page PRIVATE. After you do that only people that have been invited with an email can create a password for themselves and access that page using that account (logging in).

Yes. Make the page in question PRIVATE. You can then send an email to the "members" and they can then connect, create a password and login to that private page.

Hope that helps.

/Ace

click the "cog-wheel" on the page in question and choose PAGE OPTIONS. At the bottom there is a slider to set the page to PRIVATE. That will enable this.

/Ace

I have sent the member invite email out and when someone tries to create a password from the link, it doesn’t want to save it and then will not allow them to login.  Also, some people aren’t even receiving the email.

Product Team
    Product Team

Sorry to hear you've had trouble with that feature, @Waileawahinegol 

I know we did have a brief outage overnight that might have temporarily affected a very small number of users' abilities to create accounts or login.  That was quickly resolved though, and should not be an issue anymore.  It also should not have impacted anyone's ability to receive the login email, though - depending upon inbox provider - it can take several minutes for an email to arrive.  It's also possible the message would be filtered or placed in another area (e.g. Gmail uses "tabs" to sort messages by classification).  I'm going to reach out to you personally for more details, and to see how else I can help.  If anyone else sees similar issues, please reach out to me, so I can get to the bottom of that for you.

Thanks!
    EJ

Product Team
    Product Team

So happy I was able to help! Thanks @hlwebsite!!!

I'm really have a hard time with this login piece.  It will not allow the password creation no matter who or how we do it.  I have it set to require an invitation, but when they eventually get the email (and some don't) it will let them put an password in, but then it errors and will not recognize that a password was created.  I have changed it from require an invite to allow anyone to create a password with Customer Accounts on (which I don't want) and then turned it back off.  Still not working.  Could the new version be an issue here?  Can I get that to see if it fixes my issues.  There's a support ticket with GoDaddy, but they aren't getting anywhere.  HELP  I need to get this working and I've tried every troubleshooting step I can think of.

Product Team
    Product Team

Sorry to hear you're still having trouble with that, @Waileawahinegol 

If you're seeing the option to let anyone create an account, then you should have the most current version.  I don't think that's the issue. I'll follow up with you directly to see if we can get to the bottom of whatever's causing that.

Thanks!
    Eric

Product Team
    Product Team

Re: How about members only but no password required?

@haleypark:   Just to make sure I understand what you're asking, and am answering all of your questions:

1. There is no current option to password protect an individual page (e.g. set one specific password for the page itself and then share that password with anyone you would like to give access to). 

2. Creating a private page on your site does allow you to invite specific site visitors to access that private content, and after creating their own account and password, they can login to access all of your private pages.

3. Without site visitors creating accounts on their own, there's really no way for us to identify which users are (or are not) authorized to view a page unless we can identify them in some way (via login).  If you do invite users to become members, they receive a link to create an account, and are automatically logged in as soon as the account is created. Once they are logged in, they will remain logged in (unless they intentionally log out) for 2 weeks, and will have access to all of your private pages during that time. They can log back in or reset their password anytime.

4. There is also an option in the "connections>settings" area to choose whether anyone can create an account on your site (without invitation), and whether those who do should automatically have access to your private pages, or should only have access if you've specifically invited them to.

Let me know if there are any other questions I can help with!
    Best,
    EJ

I updated by country in globe icon but I still do not see a Member Only section in the GoCentral

add a page.  See attachedPW PROTECT.png