• GoDaddy Community
  • GoCentral | Website Builder
  • GoCentral | Website Builder

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution

Option to have a tick box for "Accept Cookies" as part of the website builder template

In the light of current data protection regulations, we really need to have an "Option to have a tick box for "Accept Cookies" as part of the website builder template

20 REPLIES 20

Re: Option to have a tick box for "Accept Cookies" as part of the website builder template

Hi @Afolake, thanks for posting.

This isn't currently available, but I'll have this passed along as feedback.

For the time being, I suggest putting a notice in the footer area of your site, or something similar.

^Gary

Gary - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
    24/7 Support | Check System Status

Re: Option to have a tick box for "Accept Cookies" as part of the website builder template

@GaryA wrote:

For the time being, I suggest putting a notice in the footer area of your site, or something similar.

^Gary

Dear Gary 

Thanks for the advice, It would indeed help to comply with EU law to have this warning in place if the website is gathering cookies and give them a choice to opt out of continuing on the website. Now I am not familiar with the penchant for biscuits
     sorry I mean cookie gathering habits of my website but I trust Go Daddy knows and will inform us if we are indeed collecting cookies. I trust also that you will hasten to rectify this problem if indeed it exists.

Yours sincerely

Afolake

@Afolake wrote:

@GaryA wrote:

^Gary

Dear Gary 

Thanks for the advice, It would indeed help to comply with EU law to have this warning in place if the website is gathering cookies and give them a choice to opt out of continuing on the website. Now I am not familiar with the penchant for biscuits
     sorry I mean cookie gathering habits of my website but I trust Go Daddy knows and will inform us if we are indeed collecting cookies. I trust also that you will hasten to rectify this problem if indeed it exists.

Yours sincerely

Afolake

Hello @GaryA @Afolake

Sorry to bump an old thread, can anyone advise what types of cookies are collected on Go Daddys online stores so that I can put details in my Privacy Policy and Comply with the EU Cookie Policy?

Just spent 2 hours online with tech support regarding this query. It appears as an American operation they are not interested in EU law. They advised that they would raise the query higher but failed to provide me any information to pass on should I be picked up about my site not displaying an opt out. This needs to be addressed ASAP, people are paying for this substandard software.

I cannot believe what i have just read or that a professional website builder like Godaddy will not allow its many users to be compliant with the law. If not, I and many others will be going elsewhere where they take issues such as GDPR and PECR more seriously. Come on Godaddy, get your act together NOW!!!

If Godaddy is unaware, an Opt in box is required for consent freely given - NOW PLEASE!!! As well as an opt in box option for consent as part of a privacy notice.

So, they are US based and don't feel the need to comply with EU law? Well, the law applies to anyone trading with the EU, so if they are selling their services, they need to comply!  I have just tried to add a script to our site, but it doesn't seem to want to work on the website built with GoDaddy - even though the same script works on the sites where I can directly add the code in the correct place.

Ironically, I am looking at a Cookie pop-up at the bottom of the page on THIS site as I type!

We need this functionality in order to comply with the law!!! 

Employee
    Employee
    Solution

Hey folks! 

We do have this feature, and I'm so sorry that we didn't find this thread to weigh in sooner. 

To add a cookie-acceptance popup to your GoCentral site: 

1. Open Site Settings inside the editor, and look for "Cookies & Tracking"

Screen Shot 2018-05-29 at 5.40.32 PM.png

2. Turn on the cookie notification

Screen Shot 2018-05-29 at 5.43.45 PM.png

3. For more information, there are details here: https://www.godaddy.com/help/new-features-for-eu-residents-27883

New

Hi

I'm still on website builder and can't see cookie option in the site settings. Can you help? 

Emma

Hi,

Like Emma, I too cannot find this option on website builder. Is this limited to certain products? Please could GoDaddy respond asap?

Thanks.

Helper V
    Solution

@Emma3 & @Debbiewilko, The example provided above worked for me; I was able to find it and use it. Go to Site Settings, Cookies & Tracking, slide the slider to On. You can also customize the wording in that window.

Helper V

@GaryA  - Now that the pop-up has been added about Cookies, we need to have a list of the cookies that our site is collecting so we can provide the proper information to our customers. Could you arrange for someone at GD to give us that information? Having the pop-up alone isn't enough without the information on which cookies are being used.

This option does not come up on website builder. Please can you tell me how I can add the cookies pop up to my website builder site? Thanks.

New

I have Website builder. I don't know what GoCentral is.  But in Website builder's site settings, it doesn't look like the photos you have here and it doesn't give an option to add "accept cookies"  

Please advise for WEBSITE BUILDER.

Thank you.

nhester
    Former Employee

Re: How to add cookie alert in Website Builder v7

Hi Cusas, 

We added a workaround on how to do this for WSB v7 with a text box:
    https://www.godaddy.com/help/add-text-8365

Can also be found by going to WSB v7 landing page and entering 'cookies' in search box.:

Website Builder7-search-cookies.png

Helper V

Just FYI - The Accept Cookies pop-up has been added to the GoCentral Store. (It is different from WB7.) You can use the default wording provided or create a link to a page of your own wording if you choose. It's under Setting > Cookies & Tracking.

This is ridiculous a text box is not GPDR compliant

The US-based GoDaddy agents don't understand what I'm asking for when I request a simple 'cookies-banner' to comply with the new EU GDPR. Today an agent (on LiveChat) told me that GDPR only applies to the privacy of my domain - their ignorance is astonishing. Given the serious consequences of non-compliance for EU-businesses e.g. 4% fine of total turnover I'm moving to a different host who can easily comply with this Privacy by Design app. GoDaddy employees ought to be embarrassed by their ignorance and inaction over such a basic feature! 

Skilled IV
    Skilled IV
    Solution

Hello @WANDERLUST1!

If you go to Edit site link > Site Settings > Cookies & Trackings > enable "Show cookie notification". 

Hopefully, that helps you!

Very Respectfully,

Drew Davis
    Navy Veteran and Entrepreneur | GoDaddy Pro user | "Proud to be serving others!"

*** Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Please feel free to give me KUDOS on this topic/discussion; mark my comment as ACCEPTED SOLUTION if you believe I've helped solved your issue. Thanks! ***
    Solution

Hello, and thank you for your very prompt reply, @davisdre317davisdre317

Unfortunately, as I understand it, that editable feature is only available in the GoCentral panel; it doesn't show as an option in the WB edit panel. Am I correct in seeing these two panels as distinctly separate? Many thanks.

Community Manager
    Community Manager

Hi @WANDERLUST1,

If you scroll up to a post from June, @nhester added a link to the article on how to add this to Website Builder 7. Here's the article again https://www.godaddy.com/help/add-text-8365. Thanks and I hope this helps!

Rachel