• GoDaddy Community
  • GoCentral | Website Builder
  • GoCentral | Website Builder

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 

Quick Shopping Cart Error When Customer puts Apostrophe

I called into to Customer Support on November 13, 2018 to report my customers were receiving an error message when try to checkout on the Quick Shopping Cart.  When the customer enter their business name with an Apostrophe, the error occurs.  GoDaddy was able to recreate the problem with ease and said this would be bumped up to programmers for repair.  I called again in December and was told the error has been reported by several customers and would be repaired shortly.  Received another call this morning form a customer who orders regularly to tell me he received the error and was not able to check out.  This has been almost 2 months since I originally reported the problem and it's not being addressed. Makes me wonder how many orders I am missing, how many customers are not calling in? I am paying for a fully functional shopping cart and that's what I expect to receive.  Does anyone know where I can get this issue resolved?  Call the normal channel support people is getting me nowhere.

3 REPLIES 3
    Highlighted

Re: Quick Shopping Cart Error When Customer puts Apostrophe

Hi @ddomine

Thanks for posting within our forums. We appreciate you reaching out to us. The Quick Shopping Cart platform is one of our legacy services that we still have active for existing customers. We have moved the majority of our development time to actively iterating on our new GoCentral platform. Because of that, updates to our older platforms will not be as frequent. Sorry, we do not have currently have an ETA on when this update may be changed on the live Quick Shopping Cart environment. 

KayJay - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
    24/7 support available at x.co/247support

I am still paying you for a fully functional shopping cart.  Something changed in the last few months to cause this error and it's something that should be addressed sooner rather than later.  Your "who cares" attitude really rubs me the wrong way.  If I handled my payments to you in the same fashion, my account would be closed.  I would love to switch to your new platform and will be more than willing to do so as soon as it has all of the same functionality as the old Quick Shopping Cart.  If your really care to hear the details of what the New Cart is missing, have someone give me a call and I will be more than happy to share the missing details.I have contacted them before and it's been a few years and these changes have not been made.  In the mean time, I am losing sales because of this error and as long as you continue to collect my money, you have the responsibility to correct the error on your end.

Employee
    Employee

Hi @ddomine,

You are absolutely correct, and we do value your feedback and your business. I assure you that your issue report to our support staff was escalated to our engineering team and the problem was fixed a couple of weeks ago, so you should not be experiencing any problems like this today.