• GoCentral | Website Builder
  • GoCentral | Website Builder

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution

Reserve Cart Items

I have not gone very deep into the GoDaddy website builder yet but I am not seeing this option. I need to create a very simple online store for a retail store. We sell a lot of items that we only have a few in stock and they go quick when sold on facebook. I want to be able to publish items to a website but I need the cart to have the ability to "reserve" or remove the stock from the available quantity count as soon as a customer puts it in their cart. From that point there should be a time limit they have to checkout before it is again released. With what we sell things go very quick. Think of a flash deal type website but each item may have 2-3 in stock. It would be very frustrating for my customers to shop the website just to get to checkout and find that half of their cart is out of stock. Is this an option with GoDaddy website builder or can anyone possibly point me in the right direction? Thank you!

2 REPLIES 2
    Super User III
    Super User III
    Solution

Re: Reserve Cart Items

@Toolbox91 

I do know there are settings within the store to put the quantity and it won't allow the sell if it's out. 

However, there is no "reserve" option in GoCentral at this point. You can get that functionality by using a different CMS for eCommerce like WordPress + WooCommerce, OpenCart, Magento, etc.

Best Regards,

Joe

Check out my site! | My Garage Articles | Portfolio/Resume

* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. I DO NOT PROVIDE ANSWERS VIA PM. If you would like personalized help, you can see my pricing on my services page. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!

Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community
    Rockstar I Rockstar I
    Rockstar I
    Solution

Re: Reserve Cart Items

Hi @Toolbox91 ,

The feature you are asking for is actually a pretty advanced feature in a cart.  The ability to "reserve" requires a true "real-time" inventory management service.   Think Amazon!  And even with Amazon you occasionally get an out-of-stock notification.  There are settings in some of the carts as @MrVapor mentioned, but most are not truly "reserved".  They just maintain a count of items available based on completed checkouts. "Reserved" items with an abandoned cart are a real issue with inventory management.  WooCommerce, Shopify, and BigCommerce all have settings for stock management including "time in cart".  However, these settings probably won't achieve what your asking.

You may have actually solved your problem to a certain extent with the explanation that you've given here in the community.  Perhaps rewrite your post a bit and turn it into a "Sorry we sell these so fast, but...."  This way you won't set any false expectations and you'll create a sense of urgency to complete the transaction.

Hope this helps,

James

Not Just Pretty Sites, Pretty Doggone Smart Sites