• GoDaddy Community
  • GoCentral | Website Builder
  • GoCentral | Website Builder

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 

Rotating a image

Why do some pictures upload correctly and some are upside down, also how do I rotate the picture. Thanks

8 REPLIES 8
    Employee
    Employee

Re: Rotating a image

Hi @Eastpei

Thank you for your post. This issue usually occurs due to the original file being originally saved at a certain rotation. 

If you have a windows PC you can resolve this issue by opening the original image file in the MSPaint program, settings the proper rotation within MSPaint and then Save As and rename the file. Then upload the new image file and it should show to display properly in the builder.

Hope this helps!

-Techfly

New

I am having the same problem when I upload photos to a slide show on my page. I tried rotating the file externally and re-uploading it, and it still appears in the slide show upside down! Why does it do this, and how can the photos be edited to appear correctly?

Employee
    Employee

Hello @XPAT2B!

Thank you for posting. How did you rotate the file? Did you try the method suggested by TechFly? That would be the best way to remove any orientation that may be stored in the image itself.

Heather - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
    24/7 support available at x.co/247support

I'd like to know the answer to this question too. It's in the correct orientation on my computer. But when I insert it to the webpage, it's sideways.

ALL my portrait pictures upload sideways into my photo album.  This is a glitch you guys should fix.

I can not upload any portrait oriented pictures to my photo album without them being auto-rotated to be landscape.  

ALL PORTRAIT ORIENTED PICTURES ARE FORCED TO LANDSCAPE.  Stop telling people to edit their photos and fix the photo widgets so they allow both portrait and landscape oriented pictures.  

And yes, I tried rotating them the wrong way hoping your code would flip them right way on upload.  NOT WORKING.  

If I alter the aspect ratio of each individual portrait oriented photo to make them a little shorter, I can get them to upload correctly without losing as much of the photo as I lose if I edit the photo to a landscape orientation. 

Is there an ideal aspect ratio for uploads or a maximum portrait height?  I'm using an iPhone 6 photo album, default aspect ratio of 4:3.  

This is frustrating, I use this tool so I don't have to program in my free time.  

Update:  The square aspect seems to be working to get portrait photos uploaded to the photo album. Uncheck auto zoom to fit and the square orientation seems to display correctly in the slideshow.  I still have to edit the orientation of every portrait photo I want to upload or they get rotated in the photo album.  

New

I AGREE WITH THE FARM!  WHY SHOULD WE BE RESPONSIBLE FOR THE IMAGE CORRECTION?  GODADDY SHOULD POST THE IMAGES AS UPLOADED AND NOT CORRECTED.