Funny that the 'business' plan is not designed for selling (that's what a business does after all).
If I upgrade will it accommodate selling digital books (30,000KB to 240,000KB) which are individualized (i.e. prepared individually and then uploaded for delivery after the customer has paid)?
I do not want to upgrade and then find it does not work for what I require.
Payhip? What is that? I now use PayPal buttons.
Is there a way I can try the upgrade (without charge) and see if it (the 'online store' and digital uploads and downloads) works the way I want?
Hi @PeterC1 It doesn't sound like GoCentral Online Store would be a fit for you, at least the digital download portion. Digital products are uploaded once, and then become available for download once a purchase is complete. You may want to stay with the system of using PayPal instead.
There isn't a way to try Online Store for free if you already have an active site that you've paid for. However, you could start another free trial to check out the options. Just make sure you cancel it before it renews.
Thank you for your straightforward reply.
1. Can I request - that the 'members' option with GoCentral Business (which would suit my purposes except for the limit on the size of files to 50MB) for file uploads and downloads be improved with a higher (say 250MB) limit on the size of files allowed?
2. Do you think that may be something GoDaddy will or could implement?
@PeterC1 - Regarding point 1, I'm not sure why the file limit is currently what it is. However, I do know that such limits aren't put in place without reasoning and research. I'd be happy to pass on your feedback and request though.
As for point 2, I'm assuming you're referring to adding options to digital downloads. I'm not sure if that's specifically something that will be added, but I'd expect improvements to the feature will happen. I will also pass this feedback on to the product team.
Thanks for passing those points on (the second point was to ask for the present file limits (which are now 50MB - but not that long ago were only 30MB) to be increased up to 250MB).
If they do implement enhancements, I hope we all get to know somehow.
@PeterC1 Thanks for clarifying. One of the best ways to stay apprised of changes to the GoCentral platform is to look for the monthly posts we have here, which are usually stickied to the top of the GoCentral | Website Builder forum. An increase of that nature would probably be listed there if it's implemented.
Thanks to the whole team for helping this feature come to fruition. After using the free trial for a week or so, I do have some new feature requests. In my case, I am selling videos so much of my frustration has been around that specifically.
1. Product thumbnails are square, but videos are rectangular. If would be nice if the thumbnail could be resized. I know you can insert a rectangular image and set it to "Shrink to fit" but you can still see the outline of the square.
2. Again, since I am selling videos, I am embedding a watermarked Vimeo link to the video so the customer can preview it. However, when you click on a product, you see the Vimeo video player embedded and below the video player, you see a small thumbnail of the video and also a thumbnail of the thumbnail image itself. This is going to confuse customers, I think, not to mention it is incredibly and unnecessarily redundant.
3. Its great that you can bundle multiple files together as one product, HOWEVER it would also be nice to offer different price points for the same product. FOR EXAMPLE: give the customer the option to choose between HD or 4K. Currently, I would have to create the product twice to achieve two pricing tiers for the same video- NOT IDEAL.
Would love to see these few features implemented.