• GoDaddy Community
  • GoCentral | Website Builder
  • GoCentral | Website Builder

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 

Sharing on Page on Social Media: Home image is appearing on shares of other pages

Website Builder Version 7

When I share a page from our website on social media that is not the 'home' page, only the 'home' page image appears. I have a large image at the top of every other page. But for some reason only the home image will share.

3 REPLIES 3
    Helper V
    Helper V

Re: Sharing on Page on Social Media: Home image is appearing on shares of other pages

@HappyFlowers,

Maybe you can try adding Open Graph meta tags and see...

https://blog.kissmetrics.com/open-graph-meta-tags

Please check the above URL to know more image scrapping...

Regards,

Praveen Thomas

GoDaddy 24/7 Support www.x.co/247support
    ----->NEXIA

Re: Sharing on Page on Social Media: Home image is appearing on shares of other pages

@p3root

Hello Praveen

Thank you for that information. It looks like the solution, but as I am a beginner to website building and coding, what would I need to copy and paste in each section?

If I go into the Website Builder and go to IMAGE > Describe this Image... there is an empty field. Is this where it goes?

If I just want that image to be the one that shares on social media, what would I type? Taking in mind I have various pages on our emmm.org.au page. But only want the top image to be shown from each page and not the home page image like it is currently doing.

Thank you so much for your help.

Helper V
    Helper V

Re: Sharing on Page on Social Media, Home image is appearing on shares of other pages

@HappyFlowers,

The Open Graph Tags must go into Website head section, Website site-wide code...

Thank you

Regards,

Praveen Thomas

GoDaddy 24/7 Support www.x.co/247support
    ----->NEXIA