• GoCentral | Website Builder
  • GoCentral | Website Builder

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 

Social Media Share Buttons Section - pretty please

Deer GoCentral Developers,

We need a Section that includes social media "share" buttons so visitors can share our content across social media.   It's the only thing we want for Christmas and we're on  the Nice List.

Thanks in advance!

Sincerely,

Everyone

21 REPLIES 21
    Employee
    Employee

Re: Social Media Share Buttons Section - pretty please

Hello @jamiescale!

Thank you for posting. You can add your social media accounts to your GoCentral site while editing the site in the 'Site Settings' section. 

Heather - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
    24/7 support available at x.co/247support

Heather,

Are you sure the question wasn't the opposite from what you're answer is? I've been looking everywhere on how to share FROM the website to social media, NOT from social media TO the website. I need to be able to post to website and then it automatically be sent to IG/FBk/Tumblr/Twitter for my viewers. I know it's possible in wordpress, is it here??

Yes I keep telling them...No reply. I need this share buttons as well...

Helper II
    Helper II

Write and HTML section and put this in it...

https://developers.facebook.com/docs/plugins/share-button

Thanks but no..does not work on HTML box in Godaddy website builderSmiley Sad

Helper II
    Helper II

Yes it does in Go Central...   Use the iFrame version...

https://carlos1800.godaddysites.com/winthrop-location

Go down to the social media buttons below the menu...  :-)

<iframe src="https://www.facebook.com/plugins/share_button.php?href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.carlos1800.com
    &layout=button&size=large&mobile_iframe=false&width=84&height=46&appId" width="84" height="46"
    style="border:none;overflow:hidden" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowTransparency="true"></iframe>

Yes ok, nice restaurant by the way. No what I want is SHARE the page. Like I like Carlos Restaurant, I want to share it with my friend on my facebook page...or twitter

I have already this kind of button. www.zazaofcanada.com

Thanks anyway, 

Helper II
    Helper II

If you click the share button,  you can add a note that you like the site and then choose to post/share it on your timeline, a firiends timeline, in a private message, or on another page you manage.   Was this what you wanted to do?   I guess I may not understand what your needs are.  :-)

Hello Mr or Mrs Mexican RestaurantSmiley Happy

sorry for the late reply. Busy busy.

Didn't find out for the share button...will check again your link. But since I had the same prob with Pinterest...I am sharing with you. I find this apps:https://www.bannersnack.com and it works perfectly with the website builder.

See I shared one of my Pinterest wall: https://zazaofcanada.com/boho-chic-fashion-icon

Thanks again!

New

Has anyone responded or updated?  There's no purpose to be on here if customer's can't share my content.  Please advise.  Thanks

Here's one:

How about social media sharing links (FB, Twitter, IG, etc.) from blog posts. I would love, LOVE, LOVE to be able to do that!

Community Manager
    Community Manager

Hi @socaldrivingguy & @Barron,

You can add social media buttons to your GoCentral site. Here's an article on how to do this. Hope that this helps. Take care!

Hi Rachel,

You are still missing the point. 

The objective is to SHARE the LINK/BLOG/PRODUCT/PAGE to a FACEBOOK post or TWEET.

NOT link your personal/business social media accounts to the site. 

Like the attached buttons that share an article to facebook/twitter/reddit.

Please take the time to actually understand the question. 

Screen Shot 2018-10-12 at 7.41.13 PM.png

New

I agree with you. I have searched high and low for a share button for social media only to find out that they do not have one in place...this is not good. Who ever heard of a website that you could not share pages to FB, twitter etc?...utterly ridiculous!

cstrasia
    Former Employee

@will88

Thanks for the message - we're in the process of adding social sharing buttons to the blog feature in GoCentral.  It just went through preliminary testing and there are a couple things to fix before we can push to final testing.  We're starting with FB and Twitter but plan to add other social platforms as well.

ChristieS

Sr. PM, GoCentral Blog

Thanks for this development @cstrasia. Will we receive notifications via email once this social share option on our blog pages can be added? Can we assume that if this testing goes well, you'll extend this ability to have all our web pages shared by visitors to our site? This is what we're all waiting for.

Thank you in advance for your help!

cstrasia
    Former Employee

@MartyBennett,

We've started to slowly offer the sharing option on the blog. If you'd like to DM me your GoDaddy account number I can make sure you see it sooner rather than later (as in today!).

Thanks!

ChristieS

Please add pinterest too soon. 

@cstrasia

Can you please help me with this also. 

I called the help line and who ever i spoke to was wholely unhelpful. 

Can i get sharing buttons on my blog through the Go Daddy website builder?

cstrasia
    Former Employee

HI @Welltravelled,

This functionality is now available for everyone.  You may have to re-publish your website for it to show up.

To enable it, go to your Blog Manager and select "Social". You'll see the toggles to enable Facebook and/or Twitter.

We're still working on finishing up the ability for you to share your post on your social platform when publishing to your site.  We ran into a couple glitches so are working on resolving those before we roll it out.

thanks!

ChristieS

@cstrasia

Would these buttons be available on individual store listings soon? I don’t use blog but I need to advertise my listings and have the ability for my visitors to share these listings on their Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest accounts. I don’t mean people going to my business Facebook page and liking me there but actually sharing my listings on their accounts. Please help!