cancel
    Showing results for 
    Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Highlighted

Square Syncing Questions

Hi there-

I am setting up my store on here. 

I have imported my existing inventory from Square over. Simple enough.

It kicked out items with multiple variants - such as Tshirts.

So I tried to sync again - it did not add double items but reloaded items I had deleted from GoCentral side. 

So then I thought I'll use the CSV method.  Geesh - that's labor intensive adding ALL of those columns. I should be able to import the basics & fill in the rest. And getting them in the right order is also an unnecessary requirement. 

Which brings me to a question:   if I manually add the items, exactly as my Square inventory, will it 2-way sync?? 

Next question: as I add items to Square, will it automatically pull them over? Or will I from now on have to manually add them or use CSV method? 

Thanks!

(Still on hold with chat at #50!)

4 REPLIES 4
    Community Manager
    Community Manager

Re: Square Syncing Questions

Hi @Oddbird,

Just checking in to see if you got your questions answered! If so, it would be super helpful if you'd come back and share with other community members the answers to your questions. Thanks much!

Rachel

Re: Square Syncing and importing issues

I too have Square as my POS system at two locations, an outfitters rental location and a retail store front.

When I tried to import from Square directly it pulled all the catagories  but none of the items or size/colour modifiers.  After trying several times to no avail. I called support and they told me to try the csv method.  That did not work at all!  I was then told it couldn't do more than 100 items at a time.  So I broke it into groups of 50 to be safe.

Upload made it to 50 then stopped with the error message   CSV file is missing one or more columns.  When I called support they said oh we'll send you a very specific link so you can walk through it.  I was sent the general GoCentral web link..   So NOT helpful as I had already watched all those videos and Square is not even mentioned.  First time fail on customer support ,  usually it's awesome.

So still no resolution and if it can't be solved I'll take advantage of the 30 refund I guess.  Very sad.   Really wanted to be able to use a godaddy site with Square.

Community Manager
    Community Manager

Re: Square Syncing and importing issues

Hi @PaddleKat,

Sorry to hear that you're having issues with the synch! Hope you have this resolved by now. If not, please contact our Customer Care team and they should be able to help you out. 24/7 support available at x.co/247support. Take care!

Rachel

Re: Square Syncing Questions

No one answered.   Also wrote that during Holiday shopping season, I'm not waiting for Customer Service from #50 to #1.  

It has not performed the two-way sync as described.

Also, it does not add new inventory as you add it to Square.  I'm not into downloading my entire inventory, formatting it to fit specific columns, then uploading it and then mucking with it some more. 

It seems clunky and labor intensive.  Unless I am missing some easy step??

I'm on line with customer service again who appears to not be fully reading my messages thus giving me unhelpful answers.