• GoCentral | Website Builder
  • GoCentral | Website Builder

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution

'Subscribe' Feature for collecting mailing lists

I like this feature but I want to be able to tailor the email message that is sent when a user provides their email address. This is the email that requests a user to confirm their email address. The problem I have is that the email includes my postal address from my personal account information. I can't find a way to prevent it from doing this. There is a website option to change address information that the website uses (Site Settings > Site Profile > Address) but changing the information here doesn't alter what is included in the email. This looks like a defect to me. It makes no sense to pick up my personal account information for use in an email to users, when it should pick up the site settings data instead.

Until I know that this has been fixed, I will be disabling the Subscribe feature.

1 REPLY 1
    Employee
    Employee
    Solution

Re: 'Subscribe' Feature for collecting mailing lists

Hi @SLCLimey, the inclusion of a physical mailing address is actually a legal requirement by the CAN-SPAM law, which is why we automatically include that in the email. If you are sending marketing emails to those visitors, you may be in violation if you move to a vendor where you can remove the address. 

Best-

Heidi, GoDaddy product manager