• GoCentral | Website Builder
  • GoCentral | Website Builder

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution
    Highlighted

Subscriber only allows you to enter an email, what about first/last name?

Subscriber feature only allows you to enter an email address, how do you create a customer list that also includes first and last names?  Also is 50 the maximum number of subscribers allowed?

2 REPLIES 2
    Product Team
    Product Team
    Solution

Re: Subscriber only allows you to enter an email, what about first/last name?

Hi there,

When you're uploading subscribers, you have a couple of options after clicking the "Upload" button in Email Marketing. There are two tabs in the window that pops up. One says "One at a time" and the other allows you to upload several at a time. On the tab for one at a time, there are fields for first and last name as well as email. On the tab to upload many contacts, you can enter email addresses in the field, or you can upload a file with whatever other data you need. For example, an Excel file or CSV file would have columns for first and last name as well as any other custom fields you might want to add. There's no limit to the number of fields or type of data you can upload with your subscribers.

As for the maximum number of contacts, that depends on your plan. It sounds like you might be using Email Marketing with GoCentral. The Personal and Business plans allow you to store and send to up to 50 contacts and allow you to send up to 50 total emails. It's more of an email marketing trial. The Business Plus and Online Store plans increase your limits to 5,000 contacts as well as allowing you to send up to 50,000 total emails per month. To make that clearer, if you had the max of 5,000 contacts, you could send an email to all of them 10 times in the month.

Solution

Re: Subscriber only allows you to enter an email, what about first/last name?

syyoung, thanks for your reply. Yes, I ended up using Email Marketing to be able to collect visitor's names as well as email addresses. I originally clicked on a feature called Subscribers which only allowed email addresses to be entered. Also, yes, it looks like I'll have to update my plan to allow more than 50 emails