cancel
    Showing results for 
    Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution
    dbs92
    Skilled

Trying to add Amazon affiliate code to HTML in GoCentral

Hi I am trying to add Amazon Affiliate code to my GoCentral website in the html module. It does not appear, either on Edge or on Chrome. I am using the cheapest subscription of GoCentral.

Is this not possible with GoCentral?

14 REPLIES
    dbs92
    Skilled

Re: Adding HTML to GoCentral

The html section says "You can use this to inject HTML, CSS, & JavaScript into your site between the <Body> tags.

I tried this:

<html> <head> <title>Hello Godaddy support team Smiley Happy</title> </head> <body> <p>TESTING!!! </p></body> </html>

Nothing shows up...

I am not an expert at html or anything, but I thought this would work. Am I doing something wrong? I thought this was fixed from looking at older threads. Thanks!

dbs92
    Skilled

So I'm guessing since I haven't heard back from anyone that the html module on GoCentral must be broken. Can anybody give me an update on this? When will this be fixed? It is quite frustrating when it says you can add html but it doesn't work. I've already wasted a bunch of time trying to figure this out.

VAKS
    Novice

Hi dbs92. I'm having the same problem. I am trying to embed HTML code to display a calendar. I followed instructions I found on a separate thread from July. The solution was provided by a moderator and worked for the client. The instructions were simple, but sadly are not working for me. Hopefully a moderator responds to your problem, and/or, if the module on GoCentral is broken, it gets fixed soon!

dbs92
    Skilled

Yeah, I hope so. I think I read the same thread, it looks like they have changed a few things on GoCentral since then. Hopefully we hear from somebody and this issue is resolved soon.

Geektony
    Novice

I am able to add the code by just pasting the link provided by Amazon, but a couple months ago Microsoft Edge stopped displaying them.  Hopefully this helps you.  Let me know if it doesn't, and since it is working for me maybe I can help you better.

Geektony
    Novice

What I do is go to the Amazon Affiliate product lookup page, pick, a product, then select whichever type of thing I want to show up "Text and Image", "Just Image", "Just Text", and copy the generated code, and paste the whole thing in, it includes your site info.  

dbs92
    Skilled

Thanks for the reply. I just tried it in Firefox - so it shows up in Firefox, but not in Edge or Chrome. That is pretty disappointing considering visitors to my site using Edge and Chrome are just going to see a large blank section... I really would like to hear from the staff if they will be fixing this soon, I am sure they are aware of it...

Geektony
    Novice
    Solution

I tried some simple test with very simple HTML and it still did not show up in Edge, so I dug around a bit and found this Godaddy Community conversation about it:

https://www.godaddy.com/community/GoCentral/HTML-section-not-rendering-in-Microsoft-Edge/m-p/96194#M...

Quoting RSTaylor

RSTaylor 
    NOVICE
    Re: HTML section not rendering in Microsoft Edge

The issue has been that IE and Edge hasn't supported the srcdoc attribute of iframes.  It's now been added in EdgeHTML 18 that will be public released this fall.  

https://developer.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-edge/platform/issues/12375527/

dbs92
    Skilled

Bizarre. So after I added a second link, they started showing up in Chrome too. Still not showing up in Edge though...

dbs92
    Skilled

Cool, thanks for finding that info. Good to know that this issue will be resolved soon, now I can sleep in peace Smiley Wink

XmasPuppet
    Apprentice

Re: Trying to add Amazon affiliate code to HTML in GoCentral

I went to my web page and where HTML entry were I selected it.  My problem is if body (<body>) popped up.  Do I type in the box replacing "body" but keeping <> or do I use body=type in my code?

XmasPuppet
    Apprentice

Can't I JUST type html in? I copied the HTML from having saved it into word but it won't paste now.

XmasPuppet
    Apprentice

Where (menu?)

XmasPuppet
    Apprentice

What about word press?

I was given a web page for it but hasn't tried it yet.  If anything can go wrong it will, so, I want to be real relaxed when I attempt it again.

Right now, my website displays the list of videos only. You can't play any of them or any pages?  Wierd.  I wonder if it is because yesterday I order the Secure so it would stop coming up "website not secure?"