cancel
    Showing results for 
    Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution
    Twitteratti
    Novice

Using HTML on Website builder

Hello Smiley Happy is there any way of adding HTML into a site made the in latest website builder?

I've searched for guides and can only find different versions, i have no "left hand toolbar" or options for adding anything to any page under the 3 lines button that has settings etc.

hope there is something i can do as this is a huge restriction to what can be added Smiley Sad

Thanks.

31 REPLIES
    AdrianaFL
    Novice

Add HTML to Website Buider vNext

Hi! I need to add some html code to my site built in Website Builder vNext, However I can't find the HTML code option in the editor.

Could you kindly help?

Thanks!

Adriana

Re: Add HTML to Website Buider vNext

Hi @AdrianaFL, thanks for posting.

Website Builder vNext does not have an option to add HTML to the site. There isn't a code editor or something similar.

^Gary

Gary - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
    24/7 Support | Check System Status
    KylieBell
    Novice

Hey there Moderator..

Can you please recheck this info as we were told by your " Lets talk" online help system that you can inject HTML using the Website Builder.

If you can't then you really, really need to tell the helpdesk to catch up with present software!!

Good job we're still in our free month trial time. Think we'll be moving on from Website Builder if we can't input a wee bit of our own code.

Is there any FTP access our site creations? We could just FTP the site down, make our mods & then FTP it back once done, if there were 

meyerovb
    Experienced

vNext is brand new, that Let's Talk you are referring to is talking about v6/v7, and hasn't been updated yet.  vNext has it's pros, please see my other post

dandrews130
    Novice

So...I just got off the phone with GoDaddy support and apparently the answer is "NO".  You can not add html to GoCentral Website Builder. 

Really?  Oh but wait...

They said they do have a drag and drop style website builder but if you're still on your free month trial of GoCentral, that does NOT matter and in order to use it you are required to pay first. 

Really?  Give me a break!

This is ridiculous and I do not see not a shimmer of worth for the GoCentral builder.  What CAN you do with it?  Seems like a whole lot of nothing for a whole LOT of money.

Why do we not have the option from the get-go to choose the interface of the builder we are using...?

Not all of us have the same needs when it comes to building a website and if the option is available, why not offer it to us up front?

Soooooo disappointed in GoDaddy right now, the big name of domains and website support...psssshh.

I expect more, really...this is garbage to say the least.

AdrianaFL wrote:

Hi! I need to add some html code to my site built in Website Builder vNext, However I can't find the HTML code option in the editor.

Could you kindly help?

Thanks!

Adriana

Chakshu
    Novice

wow, that's terrible. I actually paid for my site and thought that adding html/being able to modify some css is pretty normal - they would definitely have it!! Now i am stuck!!!! The slideshow on my home page takes up the entire page height and i just wanted to reduce the height of the slideshow! No way of doing that, i guess.... Sheesh... that's bad.

saulkmh
    Novice

Trying to add html code to page or section

So I am trying to find an option to make a custom section or make my own page; or find the html code for the website; like it says here  https://ca.godaddy.com/help/add-html-code-to-page-12286; except i guess i am using the newer version of the website builder so i am not sure where I can find the steps for that.

thanks 

shaunriley
    Novice

This is ridiculous, you get better functionality from a free website creator. Your product is the biggest waste of money I have ever experienced!

b293cw
    Novice

Agree.....this is rubbish....cancelling GO Daddy web site builder today......CRAP!

I also needed to add html code. this is not what i expected and i have no control over any of the actual coding. 

not happy at all.

Re: Trying to add html code to page or section

if you have your own hosting create a subdomain of the site, create the page elsewhere load it to you hosting and create a link in the page

Pro Community Founder Artisan Pro Community Founder Artisan
    Pro Community Founder Artisan

Re: Using HTML on Website builder

@Twitteratti

If you are referring to GoCentral, no, there is no way to add HTML.   Apparently GoDaddy is looking at adding this functionality in future releases but no ETA as of yet.

HTH! Smiley Wink

Judith
    "Change before you have to." ~ Jack Welch

hopfinity
    Novice

@Muse

How about editing the existing HTML? Or simply changing image sizes?

I've got my site mostly set up the way I'd like, but a few of the stock image sizes are screwing me up. If I could get in and change "rs=w:1136,h:568" to "w:2272,h:1136" I'd be golden.

Having the gallery pop up the larger uploaded version of an image would do the trick, also.

@hopfinity

GoCentral is a bare-bones "brochureware" website platform that is what it is.

For those who want to do some fiddling and tweaking maybe look at Managed WordPress hosting.  You have the convenience of themes and established layouts without having to "know code", plugins to enhance functionality and access to files to tweak the CSS.

HTH! Smiley Wink

Judith

funis4fun
    Novice

Re: Trying to add html code to page or section

Yeah, I think if you publish to their alternative publish website, then you can use their editor to get a structure going, copy the code, paste it to your actual .com, then edit freely.

SABART
    Novice

So I played around in GoCentral and created a basic website, but now I know I should go to WordPress.  Do I have to start all over again?  Or can I get to my new website (within the godaddysites.com domain) and just start using WordPress?  (If so, how?)

@SABART

Yeah, you have to start over.  You can signup for GoDaddy Managed WordPress hosting and use the temporary URL.  This means you can work on your WordPress site while the domain is still on the live GoCentral site.  

You can then config your theme and plugins to get everything the way you like.  Then copy-n-paste the content you have in GC over to the new WordPress install.  When you are ready to go live with the new WordPress site, you assign your domain to that new install.

HTH! Smiley Wink

Judith

victorrjc
    Novice

The upgrade on website builder by godaddy has in fact been a downgrade. I should have done a little bit more research before paying for the 1-year website builder. its a shame there are no options to add an htlm code or try to modify or play around the website builder. I dont think i am gonna renew my website builder next year. totally disappointed godaddy.

kingeikaiwa
    Novice

Me too! I will need to rebuild my new website on another platform if the HTML feature isn't added soon! It is very restricting. Their excuse is that people only need a very basic wesbite. Having HTML is very basic - we just copy and paste the plugins - no programming is required. Please release me....

EIS-NB
    Novice

HTML code doesn't work

Hello 'member's of the community',

Anyone know why my HTML code is not working when I try to insert the code into GoDaddy website builder? I've used this code for my other website and it works, but it's not working for GoDaddy. Anyone with this expertise can help me?

Thank you

Anonymous
    Not applicable

Re: HTML code doesn't work

@EIS-NB,

You can't add your own code.....

speak with support for further instructions. 

FKDemetri
    Novice

Yeah, honestly, now knowing that godaddy doesn't support custom HTML, i'm going to be cancelling my account.

This is highly disappointing and there is no need for this to be the way it is in the year 2017. 

An absolute joke. 

It fully sucks that they do not let you use HTML in the website builder. 

Hey @FKDemetri,

Apologies for any confusion that may have been caused. We've actually had continual updates for GoCentral over the past few months; one of which included the expanded functionality of adding custom HTML content as explained in our article here.

CG - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
    24/7 support available at x.co/247support
    theozzlives
    Novice

Go Daddy says you can. It's just how they say.

HeelersWay
    Novice

Im also trying to use a custom HTML code and there is an option and my code is not showing up in the section. I know my code works as I have used it on other sites. Is this feature just not working yet?

Capture.JPG

Employee
    Employee
    Solution

As of Sept. 20, you can use HTML in GoCentral / New Website Builder!

Here' the Help article that explains how:
    https://www.godaddy.com/help/add-html-or-custom-code-to-my-site-27252

Card_Lady
    Novice

Using beta HTML section Website builder

I am submitting feedback on the Beta HTML section and Website Builder functionality. 

Request:   As we can't edit underlying code for a given "section, " add a drag and drop style method for resizing section height and pictures.  

For example, the template I chose has a right side graphic in the "About" section.   If I don't put in blank spaces into the "Header Paragraph" above, there's no gap between the store icon/image and the About Section image.   It would be cleaner from a user's POV to pull down the bottom edge of the header or resize the image to add white space.   Instead, I had to figure out how to "cheat" the system.

This sizing issue really bugs me and crops up big time if you add in an HTML code section.  I put one at the bottom of the "Contact Us" section to display the Better Business Bureau logo. The logo code works as expected, you can hover or touch the logo button to see high-level stats and launch the BBB business page.   

Unfortunately,  the  HTML section creates a HUGE block of background aand a slider next to the BBB button, which is totally ugly and useless.   The code it isn't a block of text!  Speaking of useless, the Fixed Height box seems to adjust the size of the slider,  I can't resize this "text box" to get it to disappear.  It's truly annoying and otherwise ruins the template design. 

It would be better if the Fixed Height box adjusted the size of the HTML section and NOT include a  text box slider bar by default.   Even better would be the ability to add HTML to any section on a page or to the list of options available for Site Settings (Like Google Analytics and Translate.)

IMHO

I'm all for simple.  I know how to code and would prefer not to.  I liked the GoDaddy template because it complemented my company branding.   I can live without a huge amount of bells and whistles.  Personally,   I thought Wordpress and many of the free tools were overkill for what I really need and would take more learning than I have time to fuss with.  That said,  a few more abilities to adjust layouts would be appreciated. 

csaltz67
    Novice

they cut a deal with Google (AdSense)...don't want people using competing tools (Commission Junction) to be able to easily copy/paste affiliate marketing HTML/Javascript (links/banners) into their hosted sites.  A little monopolistic...which is why the open source will eventually overtake the Google's and GoDaddys

csaltz67
    Novice

LSNTBlazers
    Novice

Has anyone actually got the vNext HTML box to work?  If so, I would appreciate some sample code.