cancel
    Showing results for 
    Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution
    Highlighted

can't edit appointments

Hello Godaddy.

I noticed that I am not able to make online appointment. It appears I am being shielded/blocked from making Online Appointment even though I have a Website Builder Business Plus vNext valid till 15022020. I am unable to add Online Appointment to my website which is the reason I chose Godaddy. Please refund my Website Builder Business Plus vNext if the Online Appointment is going to remain disable to me.

11 REPLIES 11
    Helper I

Re: can't edit appointments

Does it bring you to a screen saying you must upgrade? Or does it block another window pop-up? Have you resolved this problem, hate to keep you hanging. 

I chatted with Tech Support for a while today
    and I am told it is restricted because I am based outside of the US, UK, CAD and AU.
    Sad that I cannot use the service any more.
    Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
    Helper I

That's strange must be a privacy issue, sorry about that experience. 

How can the privacy issue be addressed
    Super User III
    Super User III

@Oluwanishola 

Unfortunately, you can't address it. It's simply not a feature available to those in your region. I would suggest perhaps making a WordPress site since they are more adaptable to your needs.

Best Regards,

Joe

Check out my site! | My Garage Articles | Portfolio/Resume

* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. I DO NOT PROVIDE ANSWERS VIA PM. If you would like personalized help, you can see my pricing on my services page. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!

Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

How can i do that with the WebsiteBuilder
    Helper I

How can i do that with the WebsiteBuilder

You can always make a free WordPress account, design and lay out for WordPress only. 

You can then embed the blog or select blog feed and place it on your web-site and still keep GO Central. 

Then you can apply what features you need to do on your WordPress and still keep the domain and the web-site builder.

Community Manager
    Community Manager

Hi @Oluwanishola@RyFyZone has a good suggestion but I think the functionality needed to create an appointment website would be outside of the limits of a free WordPress site (wordpress.com). I think what @MrVapor was referring to was a hosted WordPress site (wordpress.org). This would allow various plugins to increase the functionality of the basic WordPress platform. If you want to try building your site in WordPress, then I'd suggest getting in touch with our care team to see if they can move the credit from your purchase toward a WordPress plan. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.
    Super User III
    Super User III

Actually, @RyFyZone is onto something there. If you'd like to keep the simplicity of the GoCentral / Website Builder site while having greater adaptability with the appointment settings, you could take a combined approach. You could simply get an Economy hosting package, install something specifically to handle the appointments, and just provide a link to that on your GoCentral / Website builder site. 

Not a perfect fix but it is a workaround that may suffice until that functionality comes to the GC/WB platform. I'm actually doing something very similar with some of my sites as well. The community features of GoCentral aren't quite there yet. So I'm building it out on a WordPress installation and linking it in the menu.

Best Regards,

Joe

* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. I DO NOT PROVIDE ANSWERS VIA PM. If you would like personalized help, you can see my pricing on my services page. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Community Manager
    Community Manager

@MrVapor I guess when I saw "free WordPress", my brain went to a WordPress.com website, which I didn't think allowed plugins (though after looking at it, it seems it does allow a few). Though WordPress is always free, even if you have it installed in hosting, the hosting itself isn't free and that's what I was trying to highlight. Sorry if I didn't explain that well enough. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.
    Super User III
    Super User III
    Solution

@JesseW 

The WordPress.com offerings that are free allow certain plugins but if I'm not mistaken they're all made by Automattic, which is owned by WordPress.com. If you pay for their premium hosting, I believe it's a bit more like a self-hosted WordPress. Still, as you said, you have to pay for that hosting like you would at GoDaddy.

I have found that using GoCentral in conjunction with a WordPress installation to do certain things works quite well, however. Having the ease of maintaining the front-end of the site in an easy to use web builder and certain sections, such as community forums, wikis, etc., on a WordPress install linked in the menu.

It's not perfect but it's a good stop gap until GoCentral can offer more of those services built-in. I actually love both platforms and think they have a lot to offer. I'm especially interested in GoCentral's development.

Best Regards,

Joe