• GoDaddy Community
  • GoCentral | Website Builder
  • GoCentral | Website Builder

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution

Re: how to enable comments on blog posts on builder?

So I finally decided it was time to update my website for one of my projects, and turn it into a blog ... get talked into switching to the new platform and after posting my first "test" blog ... I notice no one can comment and this has been a thing?  Wow ... I really should've moved to WordPress where I already have a successful weather blog over there.  I am ... feeling pretty ripped off. 

Many are managing their move. It s so disappointing that GoDaddy is so
    unresponsive. Mine is a business and business decisions must be taken.

--

*Imani Milima *

+1 (347) 451-5460 mobile | (855) 584-8848 office

*Building on the Rock - Kujenga ju Jiwe*

Shocked that this thread has been going on this long.  I'm glad I found it and now I know I am NOT losing my mind trying to activate comments on my blog the last two days.  Who writes a blog without comments? I mean seriously godaddy, this is an easy thing to accomplish.  I found the site builder easier than other providers, but if the comments aren't activated by March (as estimated for the third+ time), I will sadly need to move to another platform.

Very dissapointing.

followthelilies.com

"Hi @NatalieShavon,

Thanks for your comments! Recently @cstrasia mentioned that we'll be working on adding comments in the fall. As we know it's not ideal timing, please do know that it's on our schedule to be added to our blog. Take care!

Rachel" 07-11-2018

Hi, as you can read, Goddady does not care about the "comment section". I'm losing money because I need the comment section and if the Goddady Builder Blog does not have one I simply go out to find another service, so I don't want to add content that later I have to re-made in another site. This is a scam! A blog without comments section? Gosh! This is 27–02–2019 and Goddady does not solve this problem. Don't waste your money in Goddady, build your business with another provider. 

I'm out!

I got tired of waiting for the comments section.
    I feel cheated, because I will not use the full year. I'm already making my transfer to WordPress.

There are other things that I did not like about the builder and the Goddady service to create your site or online business. For example, you can not put tags in the post. The CEO tool does not help, if I look for a blog post even if I write the specific complete title and the name of the site, it does not appear in the Google results Smiley Frustrated

Goddady has lost a client.  

So uh, what's the name of the tool or "comment" feature we are all using here to "comment" and complain about us GoDaddy "Customers" not being able to use a "comment" box feature thinga majiggy?  How come GoDaddy "staff" can use "comments" on their website???

Story at 11

P.S. Waited an hour on the phone with GoDaddy "staff" to be told that there isn't a "comment" feature with the GoCentral builder plus, smh!  I felt really deflated after waiting so long on the phone and I had just switched my domain back to GoCentral, smh!

Get It Together GoDaddy!

this thread was started Feb 2018 and it is now March 2019... what is the holdup?

My year subscription ends in about 10 days. I was willing to stay, but will probably go to Hostgator.

They have a pretty cool site builder and from my understanding their blog posts allow you to have comments. It doesn't make sense that this issue has been around for this long and they're not up to speed. Disappointing.

New

We are officially leaving this month and moving over to Squarespace. Their customer service is awesome and more importantly they have a comments feature on blog posts!! 

It has been one disappointment after another with GoDaddy and their customer service is diabolical with staff who don’t communicate with one another. Constant promises that have never materialised. There’s only one option and it’s good bye. 

I was warned by people more knowledgeable than me that Go Daddy would not work for me. My requirements are pretty basic. A writer's blog isn't all that challenging.

It never occurred never thought they wouldn't offer a comments section. 

Serious waste of my time and money. 

Product Team
    Product Team

Hi everyone. First of all, I want to acknowledge that comments have been a long time coming and that's been frustrating for a lot of you. I apologize for the delay.

In the meantime, we've been working to solidify a partnership with a well established commenting platform. Several of you on this thread have mentioned Disqus as a possibility and they are our new commenting partner. We are currently working on the integration with their system. 

Now that we have all of those details sorted and the work laid out and in progress, the projected launch is mid April. I will keep you all posted here if there are any changes and with release announcements.

Oh, thank you very much for responding (finally) and offering another term (another one). But it's too late. However, thanks to their delays with the comments section I moved my site to Wordpress and I am more than happy. Wordpress has many options. Goddady is too basic. I lost money with you, but I gained experience and found a better place for myself and my clients. Thanks, Goddady!
    New

Too little too late as per usual. The amount of customers you have lost is crazy. I’ve cancelled today and moved and already noticing a difference in quality of website, comments on my blog and award winning customer service.
    I would advise everyone else to do the same, it’s stunted the growth of our business and it’ll do the same to yours.
    Best of luck to you all and goodbye

Since I signed up fbefore I realized there was no ability to have comments, I suppose ... being stuck w/GoDaddy for the next 11 months, waiting one more won't break me.  It will give me more time to put together great content in advance vs worrying about what I will want to babble about on a regular basis (sometimes I run into that issue on my Wordpress Blog for totally different content).  Thankfully, for the blog I have on GoDaddy, it's not primary source of income or I'd be with everyone else. 

Thank you for the update.  It is appreciated. 

When will commenting be enabled?

NEVER, commenting will probably never be released lol. What a commical joke this has become. 2 years nearly now. I feel like an idiot for ever using go daddy, but if i were with the implementation team thats supposed to launch this SIMPLE function i would be embaressed that I am not even capable of adding commenting function to a web page lol. Absolutely pathetic. Yeah sure April we'll probably not even hear back from them yet again, and commenting still will not be here. I missed my cancel date, but even if I commenting comes arou d when this subscription is done I will be canceling out of precedent for the lack of care for the customer.

I spent so much time building my blog site on GoDaddy and when I was done building it I noticed there was no commenting section. I am so upset I'm going to have to start from scratch on another platform. When I called last month they told me commenting would be available in March. Apparently they are LYING! Just crazy!!

Collienicole:

Same here. I lost time and lost money with Goddady. I know we are here because of the comments section but the Goddady builder is pretty lame. One week ago I move my site to Wordpress. I have to spend some extra cash to do so but now I am happy. Yes, I had to start from scratch, I'm still configuring it (something I had already done in Goddady). However, I insist, I am happy because Wordpress has many more options, many more, I have everything I need there and it has no comparison with the terrible builder of Goddady.

I feel cheated by Goddady but I think it has been a valuable lesson. I still have months ahead already paid with Goddady's builder, but I decided to move my site. The damage is done. Why continue building my site in Goddady if it lacks so many basic things like -gosh! - a comment section in the blog? I have preferred to lose the money that cost me the year in Goddady and buy a year in Wordpress before continuing to waste my time building a site using Goddady builder.

So I recommend all of you to cut your losses and build your website or blog with another service. You will see a sea of ​​difference. Now, I know that I can invest time in building a long-term site and I will not take surprises as unpleasant as this one.

The Goddady team just... Gosh! They do not know the damage they have caused to us with this.

Never in my life will I buy another service to Goddady!!

Re: how to enable comments on blog posts on builder

I agree! I’m just glad I was in the free stage and didn’t pay yet. I will
    be moving on to another platform.
    --
    Collie N. Robinson
    404-232-5242
    h ttp://
    www.conversationwithcollie.com

~"Successful and unsuccessful people do not vary greatly in their
    abilities. They vary in their desire to reach their potential."- John
    Maxwell
    New

I am stunned that I cannot have a comments section! I spent a good two weeks getting my site and blog the way I want it, then took it live, then went to set up a comments section--never dreaming I couldn't do so. I have another blog on WordPress (which works beautifully), but went to godaddy because it seemed simpler. What a mistake!

Who the #@!$ would build a blog without comments? Seriously? This is the basic feature of a blog! It's essential to my business. So do I wait, or do I go? April? Really? From what I've seen of the moving target dates, I cannot count on this.

I have followed this thread from the beginning, and I have great sympathy for those who waited over a year for any kind of progress from godaddy. This absolutely sucks.

Kgbird, as an angry user, I recommend you to stay in Wordpress. I switched to Wordpress because of this problem. At first I used Goddady for the same reason as you, it seemed simpler, it's not. Wordpress works better in every aspect and has more tools.

Goddady has been promising the comments section since the beginning of 2018 and his last response is to add an external comment service such as Disqus: that may be useful but it is not a true integrated solution.

Time is valuable. Do not waste any more time at Goddady. Goddady does not value our time.
    New

Thanks for this valuable input Otrotren. It would be a ton of work to move, but from the sounds of it worth every second. Really appreciate the advice and prompt response.

New

I was a little boy when this thread started.. I am now a grandfather and GoDaddy still doesn’t have comments enabled.

any date for comments section GoDaddy????

New

I spoke with their tech department last week. The response was "...in a few months." Which could mean anything. I am working with a web person to move it over to WordPress. I cannot wait that long.

This is an old thread but I just created a blog inside GoCentral Webbuilder and was surprised to see there is no way for readers to comment. I moved this blog from Wordpress and I can tell you reader comments were a vibrant part of it. What I have to do here is to put a notice at the bottom for them to email me comments and then I will go back in an update the blog post with them added. That is incredibly primitive, time-consuming and makes the blog look bad. How could you even roll out a blog capability from the git-go without comments? Please advise when this will be available.

Agree with you. It is amazing this plataform has not this option.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Yes. This is not a professional product if it lacks a vehicle for readers/customers to respond. This is not complex programming and there really is no excuse for a blog not to a comment capability. It really reflects badly on GoDaddy. I could also say the same about the lack of an archive function. I left WordPress because of a lot of issues and when I went with GoCentral I just assumed things like comments and archiving would standard, functioning parts. Go get a gamer and they could program in these functions in an afternoon. No excuse for not having it.

Product Team
    Product Team

Hello everyone and thanks for your ongoing patience. We are in the final few weeks of developing this feature. I know there's been frustration that we didn't get this out sooner, but we wanted to make sure we provided you all with a powerful feature set rather than a basic commenting tool. That said, you can expect this capability by the end of this month.

Just called GODADDY, customer service guy was great but like he said they have no ETA date and no clue on to when this is ever going to be a option he said "its rather new..." so anyways I cancelled and moving on to another company before I sent hours and hours doing this blog/site for NOTHING , Im so disappointed this is not a option.

Hello all,

I am using the free web builder trial and I think it's quite user friendly and nice but the lack of comments on blogs is a deal breaker. As much as I appreciate Go Daddy's work, I have lost faith in their ETA's posted here. Does anybody know if Wordpress is a better alternative? My free trial ends after the end of April- Go Daddy's final chance to make good on their ETA before I rebuild the site via another platform.

Cheers,

Nik

www.nikstravelspace.com 

I switched to WIX. a lot more templates and there is comments on my blog now!!!  sorry GODADDY you guys need to step up on this 

for **bleep**'s sake, what is the hold up

Save yourself the waiting game and just use WP lol. I ended up switching in March and absolutely in love with it.  Their support is great and help you find the plan that works for your needs.  It was a higher price point for me, but well worth it.

im with you , I just felt more comfortable with WIX its point and click thats it, 

Move it. They have no credibility at all and will certainly not meet a
    deadline that they haven't even posted.

Totally useless.

--

Author of *Jellicle Girl, *National Indie Awards Finalist
    *UnCatholic Conduct, *Lambda Literary Awards Finalist

Goodreads: www.goodreads.com/steviemikayne
    Facebook: www.facebook.com/steviemikaynewrites
    Twitter: @StevieMikayne

I just called on this and was told in order to enable comments - I need to go up to the next level (wordpress) which is $895 per year. The guy was full of crap.  But their support team so what does that tell you?

Aaaah! Godaddy definitely doesn't want to keep us.
    New

How are we coming along with a comment section for blogs?  It mid April were is it?  feeling like I wasted my money got with Godaddy.  

My blog is totally dead in the water. Without comments, no interest gets generated. I am wasting my time writing it. But, I am locked in financially to GoDaddy. I guess the only way to save it is to just eat the hosting cost, find another blog creation source and move the hosting. Again, adding a comment capability is something a 12-year old geek could do in his or her sleep. There’s just no excuse from this, and their is no excuse for coming on here and telling us some super fix is days away when you call tech and they say they don’t even know about any proposed comment additions. This is tiring, frustrating and has just drained all the enjoyment out of blogging at this point. I don’t know if I have the time or energy to anything. The problem with moving,l frankly, is that readers will say “again?” There is no win here at this point.

go daddy has a money back guarantee you are not locked into anything, I still have my domains with them and my daughters website they are good for that but if you aren't happy cancel and they will refund your money they did for me when I left to Bluehost.

I love coming back to this thread every now and again its been 2 years. last time they bothered to respond they said mid April its now May. Its like the worst sitcom of all time but you cant help but watch. I give it another 9-10 seasons before its finally canceled because everyone stoped watching.

Goddady does not care about their costumers. They only care about selling their mediocre products. This is the perfect example. Something so basic as a comment section... Gosh! I lost money with them, I don't care because I transfer my domain to Wordpress and I happy with it. I'm guilty for trusting in this Goddady brand. But it is ok. I learn by making this mistake. Seriously, I recommend you guys that transfer your domain to other host. I know it s**ks, but in the long run you win. Don't trust in Goddady, read this tread, promises and promises and nothing!
    New

Like everyone here, I am totally disgusted that there is no comment capability for blogs.  I spent hours setting up my site before I discovered this issue.  According to this thread  the last update from GoDaddy stated it would be fixed by mid-April.  It is May and, given their track record, does not seem likely.  Fortunately, I am still in the trial period and had not signed up for a plan.  I will be using Squarespace instead.  I wonder if they even care how many current and potential customers they have lost because of this issue?

Is there any kind of update..? Ofc I didn't realize there was no comment section until I tried to add it after making a couple of blog posts. I can wait a few more weeks since they said Q1 2019 and then April 2019. But it is May 2019 now.. 

I seriously doubt they will fix it. I think this blog features was just a toss in to the web site program and they don’t care about it. It’s going to mess with readers for me to change it again, but if nothing changes in another month or so I will throw in the towel and go back to WordPress. I am going to assume anything I hear from this point on is BS - I will believe GoDaddy when I find the comments capability on my dashboard.

New

I gave up. Fortunately I had not paid for the trial yet and just lost hours of work. I switched to Weebly and I really like it a lot. Great interface and the blog features (including comments!) are excellent. It seems highly unlikely GoDaddy is going to fix this and even if they do, it sounds like it will be a clumsy workaround.

I recently launched my site and am now realizing there is no way to enable comments on my blog! New businesses are hard enough to build without this! How do you build a community if no one can participate?? 

Agree 100% it is a big shame with godaddy. I have my site, but is too complicated to move to another company. I did regret to be here…just waiting for them to make this top change.

Sergio N
    Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Hey everyone, 

I have been waiting for this a long time too.

For those that are still commenting that they are waiting for this function, it is up and running. You have to choose to use it until the tabs when you click on 'Blog'. I have turned it on for my site and it is working great!