• GoCentral | Website Builder

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution

iCal-synced public calendar not displaying events

I've searched and can't find any answer to this issue:

I have a public calendar with an iCal URL to display on my website. It publishes just fine but shows "Calendar synced! But no event found in current calendar" on the edit side and "No upcoming events" on the published side. I know for a fact there are events (because it worked when I added it to my Mac calendar), but they are not displaying on the desktop or mobile version of my website. How do I fix this? Thx

10 REPLIES 10

Re: iCal-synced public calendar not displaying events

Hi @ElleTee,

Thanks for posting. It sounds like you may have the wrong iCal address on the website or something went wrong with the set up. I'd recommend reviewing and following the steps in this guide for the set up. Hope that helps!

Lisi - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
    24/7 support available at x.co/247support

@Lisi, I've followed that process several times. Like I said, I know the link works because it works in other places -- it's just not working in GoDaddy and I can't figure out why.

I have synced calendars from office 365, ical and google. all sync but none of the events show up on the web page i created. i am trying to create an event calendar. THIS IS SO FRUSTRATING AND TIME CONSUMING. I've followed all the instructions and still, the events I enter into any of these calendar programs does NOT appear on my webpage either in the Edit mode or in the Preview/Publish mode. HELP!!!

Solution

I found the answer:

do NOT use the 'public' url the way the instructions suggest

instead

DO use the 'secret address in ical format'

It will work immediately

Solution

Make sure that your event visibility is set to busy in your calendar. if the default selection is 'free' then it won't show up.   

Community Manager
    Community Manager

Thanks @Jadewidow and @Bennystinson for the tips!! I'm sure other Community members will see your posts and really appreciate your words of wisdom. Take care!

Rachel

OMG! Thank you. I probably spent 4 hours trying to figure this out. This was so simple and worked immediately. Thank you again. 

I've tried this and it's not working. HELP!!

@Bennystinsonwhere do I find event visibility? I can't find it and I can't get it to work using the Public and Private address in iCal format.

Hey Kboose78 the visibility is found in the google calendar once you create an event, see below. you need to change this to busy for it to show up on the website calendar. As far as I know the visibility has to be busy and it has to be public or else it won't be shared. 

Capture.JPG