• GoCentral | Website Builder
  • GoCentral | Website Builder

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution
    Highlighted

"If you're the site owner, log in to launch this site" when trying to preview.

I have been attempting to upload my author and writing site onto GoDaddy with a hosting account I ust purchased. However, I had to transfer my domain back to GoDaddy from another service since I had previously only purchased my domain through GoDaddy and then transferred that over to another service. I have to wait 7 days after the purchase of a second transfer to reverse the first transfer.

However, in the meantime, I uploaded my files that I made through Adobe Muse to my public_html root folder, and I have tried a lot of things to be able to have my main page that would be located at 107.180.4.66 (until my transfer of the domain is complete). However, trying to get to the home page of the site comes out with the page that says "

Future home of something quite cool.

If you're the site owner, log in to launch this site"

I have checked to make sure that my index.html file is spelled correctly, in the right case, in the right directory (it's in the public_html folder), and it's actually uploaded. I am on a deadline and need to get the site up and running ASAP. Any help in solving this is greatly appreciated.

3 REPLIES 3
    Solution

Re: "If you're the site owner, log in to launch this site" when trying to preview.

Hi @DASMusic, thanks for posting.

You cannot access the site using the IP address of your hosting plan. You would need to have a domain setup and access the site using the domain. You can also try using the Preview option in cPanel to check your site:

https://www.godaddy.com/help/preview-your-website-in-cpanel-hosting-16092

Gary - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
    24/7 Support | Check System Status

Re: "If you're the site owner, log in to launch this site" when trying to preview.

Thank you for the suggestion @GaryA. We right now have to wait for the transfer to take place, which might take up to Friday to have happen.

However, right now, I am seeing a 500 Internal Server Error when trying to use the preview option, and I do not know if this has anything to do with something that I did when I uploaded the site (I made the site with Adobe Muse, if that makes any difference), or something wrong with the preview function.

This is what I see whenevr I click "Preview" in the cPanel:

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@previewmywebsitenow.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

The one thing that is left to be able to bring the site live, other than the address to transfer, is to upload interactive blogging software for the site (Wordpress) and configure it to see if it will work as intended. Cannot do that at present as I keep getting the 500 ISE whenever I try to use preview. I' not sure what I'm doing wrong here or if I am doing anything wrong.

Hi @DASMusic, thanks for following up.

A 500 internal server error is a generic error message that means the server wasn't able to process the files on the server. Usually this is caused by some sort of scripting error in the files. The preview tool could be indirectly causing the issue if the site is scripted to make direct references to itself. You might want to try uploading a simple HTML file and test accessing that.

Gary - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
    24/7 Support | Check System Status