cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Any way to set up Blog on the builder?

I am in the first phase of setting this up and familiarizing myself with the service. I was attempting to set up a page for blogging purposes but noticed it didn't have one specified as a section. Am I just supposed to add via content as I go? Will it remain organized? Can I archive?

Thanks in advance

12 REPLIES
Solution

Re: Any way to set up Blog on the builder?

Hey @TheDynamikOne,

First let me say welcome to the community! Smiley Happy

GoCentral site builders are not intended for blog sites, so it doesn't provide a way of writing or maintaining such posts for the site. If you're looking for a more traditional blogging site, you'll want to consider another application such as WordPress for this purpose. 

CG - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 support available at x.co/247support
abot
Novice

Blog with GoCentral Website Builder

How can I add a blog to a GoCentral Website? 

I began building my company website and loved all the features of the GoCentral except I realized as I was finishing up there is no way that I have found to add a blog. In today's world that's one of the most important features for small businesses to generate potential customers to their site. If there is no solution, that is a HUGE oversight and failure on GoDaddy's part. They will lose so many businesses that need that single feature to survive. Not worth the price. 

Rosanna
Novice

Re: Blog with GoCentral Website Builder

I have the same opinion.

deciles
Novice

Just realized the same -- a head scratcher, really...

Arpster
Novice

It's a non-starter without blogging capabilities. IMHO, GoDaddy R&D needs to head back into the lab and add this piece.

The orignial site builder allowed me to just enter a web address to my blog and it would direct people to it when that page was clicked. Can i do this in go central? 

CMBlancoDLF
Novice

What I find regrettable is that WP hosting isn't included with hosting service.  I understand monetization, and hosting is a way to get more $.

What if I want to build my own WP site, do it myself, and just have GD host it, not manage it as well?  Is that a possibility?

My understanding (in using the builder), and what Ive done is to add a "blog" page. Then I added a blog section, where I can link to any blog. In this case, it's my own WP blog. Yes, it sucks that GD cant integrate this, but it seems to work so far. Learning here.

Kelleygo
Novice

That's what I was thinking...just add a page to my website titled "Blogs", then link to a blog site...or just copy and paste my blogs, change them out occasionally, and still include links. Any other suggestions?

WEA
Novice

For a good website you need to have a blog page developed

Go Central needs to develop a Blog page this will help improve websites and get more activity on sites
shawnbellon
Novice

abot wrote:

How can I add a blog to a GoCentral Website? 

I began building my company website and loved all the features of the GoCentral except I realized as I was finishing up there is no way that I have found to add a blog. In today's world that's one of the most important features for small businesses to generate potential customers to their site. If there is no solution, that is a HUGE oversight and failure on GoDaddy's part. They will lose so many businesses that need that single feature to survive. Not worth the price. 

I totally agree.  Blogs and fluid data are very much important for EVEN business sites.  It is silly to allow even a blog feed to shuttle someone away from your site.  I don't like it at all.  I picked this site AFTER losing out on my WordPress through Go Daddy for this new service.  

Hopeful
Accomplished

Were you--toneyscamilla--able to get this up and working? Did you run into any issues at all? Thanks.