cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Manager
Community Manager

FAQ: Get the latest on GoCentral Features and Updates

During our recent AMA (ask me anything) we had terrific questions submitted by users.  The GoCentral team answered many of the questions and also took your feedback/suggestions back to the team.  Below is a recap of the questions and answers from the session.

Q: Any plans for more menu flexibility -- more across and drop-downs for subs?

A: Great question! Different header layouts are able to show different numbers of navigation items. We definitely hear the requests from customers who have more pages that they are looking for more functionality/flexibility on how the navigation bar is shown. We're looking into doing this and it's in the design phase at the moment (likely a couple of months out). In the meantime, you can always add more sections (up to 20) on each page as well, which should give a lot of additional flexibility.

Q: Why doesn't GoCentral have a simple text editor?

A: We are currently working on adding an inline rich text editor which will be accessible directly on the site preview itself in the editor. Let me know if this answered your question, but hoping this will help!

Q: How do we delete unwanted images from our GoCentral website?

A:  We just added the feature for you to delete your uploaded images:  You can tap on the image, go to "my images" and now you are able to select and delete it (tap the trash can).

Q: How do you add an iFrame code to my home page on GoCentral? There doesn’t seem to be any way to add customized HTML.

A:  Currently we don't have iFrame support as it usually breaks people's websites, it's not mobile friendly and bad for SEO.  We are introducing 3rd party plugins, though, such as the SoundCloud, YouTube and RSS feeds.  We'd love to hear the needs for iFrames or 3rd party code so we can figure out what to support next.

Q: Is there a way to add a header onto pages other than the home page?

A:  Currently only the homepage has a header, and your feedback is helping.
We'll add the ability to add more prominent titles and h1 tags on the other pages in the future.  We'll also fix the error issue, thanks for pointing it out.

Q: How do you add Google Adsense using GoCentral?

A: You can easily add Google Adsense by going to the site settings in editor (hamburger menu > settings) and tap on "Display Ads".  Hope that helps!

Q:  Are there plans to add the ability to include header scripts like what is necessary to get your site verified by Google?

A:  We do plan to enable scripts as we hear those requests coming from more people. In general, our approach is to try to avoid having our primarily novice users worry about HTML or scripts, especially since that can open up security vulnerabilities, hurt performance, and affect SEO (our previous Website Builder products allowed it and we saw lots of issues).

For Google verification, there are methods that don't require adding scripts to the header (https://support.google.com/webmasters/answer/35179?hl=en#verification_details). We also do automatically create the sitemap xml from the Search Engine Optimization flow.

Q: How do I optimize my pages for SEO purposes? I need to drive more traffic to my website.

A:  GoCentral SEO is designed exactly for this purpose. From the "Marketing" menu, choose SEO, and you will be guided through an intuitive wizard that will provide you with keyword suggestions, and enable the right changes for your website. You can even check later on for your website rankings.

Looking for more questions and answers? Check out our AMA from February Here!

7 REPLIES
ralph2007
Novice

Re: FAQ: Get the latest on GoCentral Features and Updates

Is there a way to add a html script on the header? Because i need to put the facebook pixel code but there's no option for it.

Nice

Physics
The_St
Novice

How can I add an AGE VERIFICATION page (18+), in FRONT of the head page?  I had that on past versions.  You need to add this like pronto.  I don't care if it's 2 pics with links, but I have to control who gets to enter and no way of by-passing.

I don't want to deal with angry parents because the newest builder doesn't support that option.

Help!  

bbuckman
Apprentice

I think adding arbitrary HTML, which isn't possible at this point, is the most important feature to add.  The UI can be anything, just a textarea would work.  GoDaddy said in the FAQ they are planning on adding the functionality so it sounds like was removed at some point or existed in a past version of this product at least.  I'm not going to be able to use this product even for my simple launching pad site because of this limitation.  How can you have a site builder and not let a user insert arbitrary HTML/script code?  They should call it GoCentral for Dummies.

coderainbow
Skilled

In GoCentral, adding html (or any type of code) isn't possible and hasn't been since it came out. Except for adding it to fields where it doesn't belong, which just messes up the site. That was by design - a lot of the problems with functionality and responsiveness on past versions of their website builders were caused by the ability to insert html.

Someone above called it "Gocentral for Dummies" & that's kind of what it's meant to be - a website builder for people who don't know anything about code, not so much for people who build websites professionally. There's been a huge shift in focus toward Managed WordPress for more the more advanced crowd.

There's also no way to restrict age or lock pages.

I've heard a lot of these features are being planned for the future (possibly including inserting html), so it's probably just a matter of time. They seem to have been pretty responsive to customer suggestions, so if you want it ask for it.

Personally, I'm a huge fan of the GoCentral, even if I don't use it much myself. It's so easy my Mom could use it. IMO it needs that blog option figured out soonest. It's great that blog feeds can be pulled into the GoCentral, but it will be amazing when you can actually blog directly through it. 

MICRO--Tech
Novice

Q: How do you add an iFrame code to my home page on GoCentral? There doesn’t seem to be any way to add customized HTML.

A:  Currently we don't have iFrame support as it usually breaks people's websites, it's not mobile friendly and bad for SEO.  We are introducing 3rd party plugins, though, such as the SoundCloud, YouTube and RSS feeds.  We'd love to hear the needs for iFrames or 3rd party code so we can figure out what to support next.

My customer needs support in GoCentral for Spotify. The Soundcloud links work great, but Spotify needs to be on your radar. Please let me know ASAP when I can report to my customer an ETA.

Thank you.

MICRO Technologies
bbuckman
Apprentice

Is the 3rd party plugin API something that is available to the public?  Could I use that to add arbitrary content to my GoCentral site since I can't past HTML into the page?