cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
samchristi
Novice

GoCentral and website builder

I was trying to build my new website but i was surprised that all the options that i used to use one year ago are gone. GoCentral is very basic and very very bad compared to website builder (the old one)

even wordpress is missing the flexibility when it comes to positioning of the different elements on the page. I am not a programmer and i don;t have time to learn programming.

GoCentral should be an option not a replacement to website builder.

website builder is perfect and very flexible for some with no IT background 

thanks

9 REPLIES

Re: GoCentral and website builder

Hi @samchristi,

Thank you for posting. We appreciate the feedback. I suggested contacting our support team to discuss other options for building a website.

Lisi - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 support available at x.co/247support
dsissel77
Novice

samchristi - I completely agree with you.  And customer service is more inclined to forward articles instead of working with you to help or better understand options.

ukype
Skilled

And, all of the help I have found is about Website Builder, not GoCentral. 

ukype
Skilled

Is there any way to add Wordpress or Umbraco or Joomla or some other CMS that will allow an admin to enter the HTML to add things like Google Analytics?  All the help I have found explains how to do it in the online store, but it is not correct for GoCentral.  I wonder if GoDaddy rolled out GoCentral before writing any documentation.

1coolasschick
Experienced

I agree. GoCentral is nowhere nearly as flexible as the old website builder.  I want it back!

Emaline1
Experienced

This is about all most of them are good for. The reason being is that they do not know, so they send an article so you can figure it out yourself.

MattS7979
Novice

I have a handful of years experience doing website design and layout, and I have to say the "GoCentral" site builder is probably the most useless piece of software I have attempted to use in over a decade. 

I built a website using the old Website Builder about a year ago, and I was easily able to achieve the design look I wanted even with the modest functionality it offered; but the new GoCentral builder has completely disabled customization of individual elements--so if you don't want your finished site looking exactly like the template, you are out of luck.

This is such a giant leap backward, it boggles my mind.  I get that companies will revamp their software every once in a while but GoDaddy threw the baby out with the bathwater on this one.

I hope they recognize their mistake and roll this back sooner than later--I can't imagine they aren't losing business over this decision.

Doris2
Novice

I've been waiting for 2 hours now if the online chat would come on to ask how to switch to the old website builder but it always says offline, just saying this was never the case before. I've been a Godaddy customer for years and built several websites with their website builder. I won't use this cheap looking web template with close to zero options for editing, I need my business to look professional even if I do it myself. Not even speaking of the price, where did the $1 per month in the first year go. They lost a customer to weebly, well too bad. Time to bring back the old website builder, Godaddy!

Emaline1
Experienced

What a waste of time and money. GoCentral is the pits, and I have not had one order since I went to this!