cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
ETSLtd
Apprentice

HTML issues and general GoCentral disappointment

I have had to create few of the features on my site using HTML as the GoCentral Business web builder is so limited that I can't do them any other way as well as needing third party content. This HTML has worked fine since I created my website however I am now having issues with it not displaying. I haven't altered any of the HTML in any way I have just added some more HTML sections but for some reason it none of these sections will display when I preview or when I publish the site (except for some reason on mobile it is all displayed). These HTML sections contain information which is vital to any customer wanting to use my services. This whole GoCentral builder is by far the worst I have ever used and in my opinion is now where near ready to be a product which has to be paid for. If there was a way out of my contract I would definitely take it and go elsewhere.

4 REPLIES
Pro Community Founder Artisan Pro Community Founder Artisan
Pro Community Founder Artisan

Re: HTML issues and general GoCentral disappointment

Sorry to hear that your GoCentral experience is not to your expectation @ETSLtd. I find GoCentral to be easy to use while producing good results. It is also true that it can be limiting to more advanced users. One thing I like to point out when recommending GoCentral is that GoDaddy has a free to get started experience (don't know how long that offer will last). I suggest that anyone looking to GoCentral use the free month to get to know GoCentral. 

As to your issue @ETSLtd I've had a lot of success using the GoCentral HTML blocks but must admit I've never used them for advanced code. Does your code perhaps contain code other than HTML? 

...turns out that my two cents is worth less or more depending on the current exchange rate.

roy darling *my posts seem a lot shorter in my head

ETSLtd
Apprentice

@rdUnfortunately I wasn't given the chance to have a free trial otherwise I would never have purchased it. There are so many issues with it that I have come across: it is very rigid, the customisablity of it is limited, there is no option to produce any form of table, there isn't an option to create a blank page, the contact form is limited and doesn't allow the option to upload files and probably many more that I haven't mentioned.

The HTML worked fine with GoCentral until recently which suggests that the HTML is not at fault.

NanTibJi
Skilled

I have had html code that stopped working what I had to do was delete it and re-add it.  This worked for most cases but not all.  It appears that the more complex html stopped working.

Wearable Art
Pro Community Founder Artisan Pro Community Founder Artisan
Pro Community Founder Artisan

The "build it yourself" market is a difficult balance of producing a product that is easy for a novice to use and providing some advanced functions for those who want to achieve more. In my experience these kind of builders trend easy to use more than they do to advanced function. 

Builder products are not for everyone but I find they work great for a lot of people. HTML itself changes and calls come in and out of fashion. Typically there is more than one way to achieve a given outcome. My attempt when coding is to try and stick as close to a base function as I can. I'm aware that there are instances when code cannot be changed and that seems to be the issue here? Are you perhaps dealing with code supplied referring to something outside of your website? 

...turns out that my two cents is worth less or more depending on the current exchange rate.

roy darling *my posts seem a lot shorter in my head