cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
LadyRia
Novice

Is there a way to add html to Website Builder?

I'm new to all of this, so bear with me.  I'm using web builder and I want to know if there is a way to add html code?   It's html code for a link.

23 REPLIES
GoDaddy Pro Trusted Advisor
Solution

Re: html and web builder

LadyRia wrote:

I'm new to all of this, so bear with me.  I'm using web builder and I want to know if there is a way to add html code?   It's html code for a link.

@LadyRia Yes, it is possible to add html godaddy via Web Builder. Please follow these instructions from Godaddy: https://www.godaddy.com/help/add-html-code-to-page-12286

--

Save money on Godaddy products and get a .com domain for under $1: http://bit.ly/2E7MV0I
tristan
Novice

Hi, I've tried to follow these steps - trying to add a paypal button - but there is no left-hand toolbar and there are no apps to click and drag onto the page.  Can you only do this with a business account and not a personal account?  Thanks for any help!

Employee
Employee
Solution

Hello @tristan!

Thank you for posting! PayPal Integration is only available on Business or higher plans. It is not available with the Personal Website Builder plan.

Heather - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 support available at x.co/247support
tristan
Novice

Okay, thanks!  Smiley Happy

djpbarry
Novice

Heather wrote:

Hello @tristan!

Thank you for posting! PayPal Integration is only available on Business or higher plans. It is not available with the Personal Website Builder plan.

So does that mean that adding custom HTML is not possible with a personal website builder plan?

shahdoust
Apprentice

How can I place my Google Analytics HTML code in website builder?

Hi,

I wonder that how to place Google Analytics HTML code under the <head> tag of my web page in website builder.

Actually when I want to add HTML code, it says "Use Setting to place your code (such as analytics) in your <HEAD> or <BODY> tags." but when I click on Setting nothing happen.

Please give me some advice to solve it.

Thanks

Employee
Employee

Hello @djpbarry!

Thank you for posting. You're able to add HTML to Website Builder. How depends on which version of the builder you have. You can search our help section to find the right guide.

Heather - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 support available at x.co/247support
shockeymoe
Novice

With all due respect, Heather, that answer is not very helpful.

I have the version that does not have the toolbar on the left. Where are the instructions for that version?

How many versions are there? How do I identify my version while searching?

Anyway I have found a bug in the Web Builder program that might be browser specific because it is a problem on my PC running Chrome but it is not a problem on my smartphone.

The problem is that when you highlight the text in a content box that you want to use for a hyperlink, the hyperlink icon becomes active as it should but when you click on it it appears that there is only the option to "X" out of the pop-up. That is because the text box that should be available to add the link is hidden somewhere.

The "X" shows but not the checkmark because there is no text in the invisible text box.

RESOLUTION: Paste a hyperlink value as if the text box exists and the checkmark becomes active and the link can be saved.

(I was going to add an image here but the "Photos" button leads to an uploader that appears broken. Get it together GoDaddy!)

anthonyc
Novice

I'm sorry to hijack your thread OP but I want to get my question in. It's relevant to what you said.

Why doesn't my website builder have the left side toolbar?! and which version am I running?

Every help page and tutorial I come across on this website is referring to some other version of the web builder that I clearly do not have.

What's the big deal? 

A_Neubs
Novice

3rd Party Ecommerce links on GoCentral Sites

Hey Folks,

I've been working in the new GoCentral website builder. While it's not my favorite, it would at least be usable if you could add a 3rd party purchase link to sell things online. I would love if there was an option similar to the Paypal blocks with an unbranded button that I could set to whatever link I want. As it stands you can only add buttons through the primary Call-to-Action from within some of the header blocks. Links offsite can only be added as simple text. 

Has anyone found any good options for adding offsite links in the GoCentral website builder or do you know if GoDaddy has any plans to expand the builder functionality?

Re: html and go central

i want to add the pure chat to my go central web site but i see no way to add html

Need to link the text in one page to some text in another page

Hi everyone. I'm new here and can't seem to find the answer to my question in the search options. I'll try to be as detailed as possible to help you understand what I need to do.

I have products that I've added recipe title suggestions on the bottom of their descriptions. I need to find a way to link the title to that recipe to the title of the actual recipe in the recipes page. Is that even possible? I can't seem to figure it out. My recipes page is going to have over 50 recipes in it and several recipes will need to be attached the same product. It needs to be a two way link, if that makes sense?

I hope that description made sense. I tried to call in to get help but it's an hour wait and I'm not sure what to search for here. I tried to search for linking text but it only showed people trying to link whole pages. 

b293cw
Novice

The only buttons on left hand are about generic web-site settings....there is nothing about insert test/html boxes. About to cancel website builder unless someone helps!

GZ
Novice

Re: Is there a way to add html to Website Builder?

Currently using GoCentral website builder.  I would like to embed an iframe code to my Home Page.  the iframe code is to embed a calendar for appointment bookings (not a google cal).  The booking calendar is from an external site which provided the iframe code.

GoCentral seems capable of allowing a user to insert external links.  However, I have been unsuccessful in embedding iframe codes which may require a set-up to insert <HTML> </HTML> code, so that I may paste the iframe code in between them.

Does GoCentral support this in their UI? If yes, how? If not, why? And when?   

CSP
Novice

I am running into the exact same problem!  Just started my website today and I have to assume I have version 7 of Website Builder but the directions for adding HTML (I want to add Live Chat) are nothing like what I actually see.  There is no left side tool bar!  I used a much earlier version years ago and I clearly remember being able to add HTML very easily.

stuckybd2
Novice

This is exactly what i want to do as well. if we could iframe stuff or just have a custom HTML section - that would actually make it useful. 

Fact-fiend
Novice

No, this won't work.

It does not work with personal plan, nor it works with basic business plans.

I wonder which plan do you need?

djrags123
Novice

Totally waste of time. How come cannot add HTML code. This is totally unacceptable.

Offering a website builder but cannot edit HTML. Im totally MESS now, Wasting my time and money.

tjthedawn
Novice

Juicer HTML

Juicer pulls social media posts and puts them on your site. The HTML code they provide will not load on page. Please help

Gourav
Skilled

djpbarry,There is way:

1.Click the + button (Add section) where you want to add the HTML.

2.Scroll down on the right hand side menu.Click HTML.

3.Click /* CODE WILL RENDER HERE */

4.Now add the Section Title and add the Custom Code.

5.Your changes will be saved and click publish.

And there you go

Roycewf
Novice

Well apparently there is according to this.

Solution
LadyRia wrote:

@LadyRia Yes, it is possible to add html godaddy via Web Builder. Please follow these instructions from Godaddy: https://www.godaddy.com/help/add-html-code-to-page-12286

Roycewf
Novice

Which is easier to work with, website builder with drag and drop, or Wordpress, I have used both, the only thing I am trying to work out is how to add the HTML to Website buildfer, when i did it with the trial version it does not work.

bman12
Novice

best advice,.....thanx