• GoDaddy Reseller Discussions

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution
    Mustachkian
    Resolver I

GoDaddy Reseller's Turnkey Storefront theme: Edit with Elementor?

Dear community members,

First, let me say that this is my first post here in this community, and I hope that some of you can help me sort this out.

Now, let's start from the beginning. I have a few WordPress websites, equipped with all bells and whistles (Web Security, SSLs, Backup Plans...) and I did some math... Compared to the price I pay for hosting them and all extras, I concluded that if I become a Pro Reseller with GoDaddy, my bills will break in half, even after I pay the annual subscription for the Reseller Program.

Plus on the other side, becoming a Reseller might bring a few bucks extra, am I right? But... Unfortunately, I'm kinda OCD type of a guy and I want everything I create to be smooth and fancy, unlike those generic TurnKey Storefront themes if you know what I mean... I found a couple of Reseller sites online, and oh boy, don't they all look the same... Now I have experience with Elementor. I have the Pro version of it, and I was wondering if someone can tell me if I can completely edit the TurnKey Storefront theme (Drop menus, sections, even the cart appearance...) without breaking the pre-installed APIs? Does someone maybe have experience with this type of "surgical procedure"?

And yeah, back at my math calculations, what do you guys think about that? Is it worth enrolling Reseller Program mainly to use discounts for yourself? Reselling to others and earning extra cash is second on the list...

Eager to hear your thoughts and insides,

Mustachkian

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
    rd
    Super User 2020 Super User 2020
    Super User 2020

Welcome to the GoDaddy Communiry @Mustachkian, cool that you are a Reseller. I'm a Reseller myself and have been in the GoDaddy Reseller for more than a decade. As for the Reseller storefront conversation... Who was it that said The answer is money. What was the question? Of course you can customize your Reseller storefront. Now how far do you want to go?

As a starting point I'd suggest you start in the Reseller community, you can find a link to it in your RCC. There is a thread there where Resellers share their storefronts, that might give you some ideas? There are also some videos about customization on the GoDaddy Reseller YouTube channel. Then you can have a look at the GoDaddy Reseller plugin for WordPress on GitHub. 

I wish I could offer more but I don't skin my storefront. I hope that helps? Happy reselling!

...turns out that my two cents is worth less or more depending on the current exchange rate.

roy darling *my posts seem a lot shorter in my head

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
    rd
    Super User 2020 Super User 2020
    Super User 2020

Welcome to the GoDaddy Communiry @Mustachkian, cool that you are a Reseller. I'm a Reseller myself and have been in the GoDaddy Reseller for more than a decade. As for the Reseller storefront conversation... Who was it that said The answer is money. What was the question? Of course you can customize your Reseller storefront. Now how far do you want to go?

As a starting point I'd suggest you start in the Reseller community, you can find a link to it in your RCC. There is a thread there where Resellers share their storefronts, that might give you some ideas? There are also some videos about customization on the GoDaddy Reseller YouTube channel. Then you can have a look at the GoDaddy Reseller plugin for WordPress on GitHub. 

I wish I could offer more but I don't skin my storefront. I hope that helps? Happy reselling!

...turns out that my two cents is worth less or more depending on the current exchange rate.

roy darling *my posts seem a lot shorter in my head

View solution in original post