Skip to main content
Help Center
The GoDaddy Community will undergo maintenance starting on Tuesday, August 3rd at 3pm PST / 6pm EST. Learn more
  • GoDaddy Community
  • GoDaddy Reseller Discussions
  • GoDaddy Reseller Discussions

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Unify
    New

Purchasing a Domain with API charges a different price

I have a API Reseller account ad when I purchase a domain through the API call it charges my account more than the price that was given through the available domain API call.

Could someone please tell why this happening.

1 REPLY 1
    ablake
    Community Team

Hey @Unify, welcome to the community.

There are a couple scenarios I can think of that might be influencing your issue.

The first one is that a get domain or available call will give the base price, which doesn't include the $0.18 (per year) ICANN fee. So if the difference between the price your call returned and the price you paid was $0.18 x number of years registered, that would explain it.

The next is if you're using the Domain API OTE (test environment) to run the availability call. That will return a price that hasn't been updated in several years and is much lower than the current registration price. It doesn't sound like that's what you were doing, but I wanted to mention it just in case.

If neither of those explanations fits your situation, we'd need to know more about the domain you registered and the price difference.

For the sake of security, you may want to be careful not to share any unique identifying information about your account & purchase here, but you can always email api@godaddy.com to have our support team check it out for you.

Angela B - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.