• GoDaddy Reseller Discussions
  • GoDaddy Reseller Discussions

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution

Reseller Storefront Domain

Entering my custom domain in the Standard Storefront Domain box in the settings forces www. infront of my domain. Therefore I have to use www.mydomain.com for the Home URL in order for my storefront to resolve properly. I don't necessarily have a problem with that. However, for the SSL Certificate I simply used mydomain.com , without the www. When I visit my storefront and click on the padlock and click to view the Certificate Information it shows that it's issued to www.www.mydomain.com . I don't necessarily like that. But I haven't figured out how to remedy the issue. I also believe that it's causing an issue with my Search Engine Visibility account because my dashboard keeps telling me that it can't reach my website. Can anyone help me, or should I just call customer service? Thanks for any help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
    Community Manager

Hi @Ur1Host2020,

Welcome to the community. I don't know if you've contacted support yet, but in case you haven't, I'll answer here.

The Reseller Standard Storefront doesn't require a separate SSL; it automatically applies a built-in SSL that you don't need to configure. If you set one up separately, you can remove that or apply it to a different website. Your Search Engine Visibility tool will also not work with the Reseller storefront, as the code is not accessible to be modified. 

If you only want to use the provided storefront, you won't need those products in association with your Reseller business and can use them on another website that you own. However, some Resellers want more control over their branding and website appearance, and they choose to build a WordPress site and use the Reseller plugin. If you do that, you can use the SSL and SEV products on the WordPress site. 

Angela B - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
    Community Manager

Hi @Ur1Host2020,

Welcome to the community. I don't know if you've contacted support yet, but in case you haven't, I'll answer here.

The Reseller Standard Storefront doesn't require a separate SSL; it automatically applies a built-in SSL that you don't need to configure. If you set one up separately, you can remove that or apply it to a different website. Your Search Engine Visibility tool will also not work with the Reseller storefront, as the code is not accessible to be modified. 

If you only want to use the provided storefront, you won't need those products in association with your Reseller business and can use them on another website that you own. However, some Resellers want more control over their branding and website appearance, and they choose to build a WordPress site and use the Reseller plugin. If you do that, you can use the SSL and SEV products on the WordPress site. 

Angela B - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

View solution in original post

Alrighty 👍

Awesome. I didn't realize either of those things. I thought the SSL Certificate was provided for the reseller Storefront. 

I'm using the standard storefront to start with so I can figure out what I'm doing before I try to customize a WordPress site. 

Thank you for your help @Angela_B, I appreciate the clarification