cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

ASP.NET Core module not installed in the hosting server....

Is there a way to know if my hosting server has the aspNetCoreModule ISAPI Module installed (e.g. listed under the IIS Handler Mappings)? I deployed an ASP.NET Core test application but I am getting the general error 500 Internal Server Error. This error usually happens when the ASP.NET Core module has not been installed for IIS to use (see https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/aspnet/core/fundamentals/servers/aspnet-core-module). 

In some other post I read that "GoDaddy" supports ASP.NET Core but wonder if it is deployed upon request or to just a few servers? Is there support for this latest asp net version?

Unfortunately if the asp net core module is not installed I cannot even get a more detailed error because IIS fails when the handler is configured in the web.config. 

<handlers>
<add name="aspNetCore" path="*" verb="*" modules="AspNetCoreModule" resourceType="Unspecified" />
</handlers>

PS: note that deploying classic asp.net which is not "core" works fine.

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Helper VI
Helper VI

Re: ASP.NET Core module not installed in the hosting server....

Hello @AlexAtCanada

Maybe this will help you:

https://uk.godaddy.com/help/windows-shared-hosting-aspaspnet-module-and-feature-support-3361

Good luck. 🙂

***Signature: -> Do not assume anything! If you want help, explain your problem. If my post helped you, give it a Kudo. If you have the solution, mark the topic as Solved.
New

Running into the same issue. Core 2 has been out for a while, yet GoDaddy still isn't supporting it? That's disappointing.

Been trying to figure out how to DLL deploy again... something I did 3 years ago with Core 1, but can't find anything on it now... 😞

Product Team
Product Team
Solution

Hello Everyone. Wanted to give you a quick update. .NET core 1.0/1.1/2.0 has been installed on all of our Plesk Shared hosting systems. This feature is not present in the Plesk UI at this time, but it is available for use by default. .NET Core applications can be manually uploaded via FTP or Visual studio. 

MatthewR - GoDaddy | Product Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.