cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Access to Domain Accounts owned by my company that went bankrupt

I have been asked by the creditor that controls the assets of the bankrupt company to track down the Company domains.  My IT employees that oversaw this area are long gone or cannot recall the password/pin or CC# they used.  What steps do I need to go through to gain access to the Company's domain names?

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Access to Domain Accounts owned by my company that went bankrupt

It's very, very strange that 'another' brand new forum member was asking the very same kind of thing earlier today. They had just registered minutes ago as well. Only they said the guy was being chased by the FBI. 

I wonder what next? Space abduction?

Both wanting to know how to access someone else's domain. Hmmmmmm!!

Not sure about the "other guy", but this entity has no employees and the email system has been shut down since 2014, so the available options on-line simply will not work.  I will just call the help line.

Super User I
Super User I
Solution

@Nellie1010 wrote:

Not sure about the "other guy", but this entity has no employees and the email system has been shut down since 2014, so the available options on-line simply will not work.  I will just call the help line.

@Nellie1010 I doubt you're going to get into the account. You'll have to have the last person under the whois / godaddy account try to reset the password using the email address or by verifying their identity through Godaddy to gain access to the account. Godaddy won't be able to just hand over the access to the account because the company was dissolved. 

----

Save money on Godaddy products and get a .com domain for under $1: http://bit.ly/2E7MV0I

Thanks Justin,

This will be harder than I thought.  I appreciate your help!

Super User I
Super User I

@Nellie1010 wrote:

Thanks Justin,

This will be harder than I thought.  I appreciate your help!

@Nellie1010 This may be of interest to you and may put you on the right path: https://www.godaddy.com/help/how-to-gain-access-to-domainsaccounts-after-owners-death-8356

---

Save money on Godaddy products and get a .com domain for under $1: http://bit.ly/2E7MV0I
Anonymous
Not applicable

So, you have to kill them first? Or prove they are dead? 

I hope Godaddy make it hard for someone to get into my account. Any legally and genuine need for this would go through support. 

Not be asking for what's basically hacking otherwise.

Oh and claiming someone is dead to gain access to an account when they are obviously not, think there is a criminal law against it called fraud?

Yup! Death cert and other proof needed.

I can't believe these people!!

Support is the way to go if genuine.