cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

After SSH, Database Connection Failed

I'm upgrading the CMS for a website which requires PHP 5.4, so on GoDaddy I enabled SSH so I could do this, however after it enabled, there's no option to update to 5.4, and the website is saying this:

Database Connection Failed
Error: Can't connect to MySQL server on 'p50mysql351.secureserver.net' (4) (2003)
Function Performed: CONNECT

Fatal error: Attempt to connect to database elmirafriends2 on elmirafriends2@p50mysql351.secureserver.net failed in /home/content/e/l/m/elmirafriends/html/lib/adodb.functions.php on line 61

After enabling SSH, I thought GoDaddy was supposed to give me a new server IP, but all they gave me was an email with my FTP username and two nameservers. I think I updated the nameservers properly, but it never gave me a new IP, and I have no idea what it wants from the database. The database  hostname given under mySQL is "elmirafriends2.db.14011212.hostedresource.com". It's always been this, but in config.php it's always pointed to "p50mysql351.secureserver.net". The site worked prior to enabling SSH. I tried updating config.php to the longer hostname, but the message as shown above does not change.

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Retired
Not applicable

Re: After SSH, Database Connection Failed

Hi @sjb1983,

why would you think enabling SSH would enable anything other than a secure shell environment?

That's what SSH stands for and all it stands for or is!

You don't say what the CMS system is so I will guess you mean WordMess.......

GaryA
Re: Wordpress Managed PHP Version

Hi @joeelectronics.

The PHP/MySQL version on Managed WordPress cannot be manually changed. The version is managed by our hosting teams. Our teams to apply updates as versions are tested and as needed by WordPress.

^Gary

Thanks @GaryA

Please check with support for an update...........

Highlighted

Hi. I'm using CMS Made Simple. According to GoDaddy, to allow the option of upgrading to 5.4, SSH needs to be enabled. According to CMS Made Simple documentation, PHP 5.4.11 is needed to upgrade to CMS version 2.x.

https://docs.cmsmadesimple.org/upgrading/to-cmsms-2.x

This is where someone mentioned talking to GoDaddy support and said to enable SSH before 5.4 is available: 

https://www.godaddy.com/community/Managing-Web-Hosting/Need-to-update-Classic-Linux-Hosting-to-PHP-5...

Highlighted
Retired
Not applicable

Hi @sjb1983,

and so @sjb1983, did this advice actually work?

My point................... !

So as I was saying........ 

Highlighted

I contacted support. They found the correct host name for the database via the database server and fixed it for me, and it is definitely different than it was before turning on SSH, but it is not what is listed as the host name in the database info via GoDaddy.