Skip to main content
Help Center
The GoDaddy Community will undergo maintenance starting on Tuesday, August 3rd at 3pm PST / 6pm EST. Learn more
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Bandwidth & Page Loading Issues

Hello,

I am the web developer for a business owner who produces Amish made barns.  We’ve never had any issues with page loading or bandwidth, however recently we’ve installed a new Wordpress plugin that provides the businesses customers the opportunity to custom build their barn in a virtual environment & see the visuals of that in real time.  Since this installation we’ve found that this particular page has been getting time outs & page loading failures.  The creator of the plug-in has suggested that we switch our hosting to Cloudways in order to provide a better performance, however I’m interested in sticking with GoDaddy if there’s a solution that is available that might work similarly to Cloudways Vultr server.  I see we have the option to go to a business hosting plan, would this be a possible option that might help us avoid the timeouts?  The page to our site I’m referring to can be found here:

https://miamivalleybarns.com/shed-designer/ 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
PL281
Super User IV

@MVBYoder21 

I can't tell (but I am assuming) you are currently on a cPanel server - many of these virtual builders require more memory / processing due to the rendering process. As such you would need to migrate to a VPS server - I don't think you would need to go all the way to Dedicated box, but definitely a VPS.

Without knowing the requirements of the plugin - I would suggest at this the 2 CPU plan as a minimum but you are probably better off with the 4 CPU plan.

Keep in mind you will then need to tweak / configure both WHM & cPanel in terms of memory and resources

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
PL281
Super User IV

@MVBYoder21 

I can't tell (but I am assuming) you are currently on a cPanel server - many of these virtual builders require more memory / processing due to the rendering process. As such you would need to migrate to a VPS server - I don't think you would need to go all the way to Dedicated box, but definitely a VPS.

Without knowing the requirements of the plugin - I would suggest at this the 2 CPU plan as a minimum but you are probably better off with the 4 CPU plan.

Keep in mind you will then need to tweak / configure both WHM & cPanel in terms of memory and resources

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post