cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
Highlighted

Blank pages after updates - Not IT Savvy

I am not IT savvy, so please be kind  -  I logged into my website admin account, and did some plug-in updates. Immediately after the updates, my website stopped working.

( www.milwaukeefashionweek.com )

I am lost as to what to do to get her back up and running. Is there a step by step set of instructions somewhere, or can someone please walk me thru this?  I have tried to logging back into the admin account, and the page won't even come up.  ( milwaukeefashionweek.com/ap-admin )

Please help!

2 REPLIES 2
Super User III
Super User III
Solution

Re: Blank pages after updates - Not IT Savvy

@dreimer 

So the issue you are having is a classic WordPress issue where a plugin doesn't update completely or there maybe a conflict with something

Step 1) Log into your cPanel and goto File Manager

Step 2) in the public_html folder, there should be an error_log file - if you select view you can scroll down to the bottom and should see something with today's date / time stamp and PHP Fatal Error.

Note this error as it can help identify what the error is (you should be able to see something like

wp-content/plugins/PLUGINNAME/...... error on line ####

Step 3) Goto the wp-content/plugins/ folder and rename the plugin mentioned in step 2 to be PLUGINNAME-DISABLED (where PLUGINNAME is the actual name of the plugin)

Step 4) Go back to your site and it "should" be back up and running with that plugin disabled

Step 5) Login to WordPress and goto plugins

On this screen you should see a message about the plugin being disabled because it wasn't found.

Now assuming you have the zip file for the plugin, I would re-upload the zip file for the plugin and then delete the version that had the error.

Also check to make sure you are running version 5.2.X of WordPress - as it has a built in recovery mode that can make doing this a bit easier

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

Re: Blank pages after updates - Not IT Savvy

Thank you so much!!