cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Business hosting vs dedicated server?

Hey currently we have expand business hosting but we have to upgrade it and I believe in few months we would hit the mature business hosting (max option) which is quite expensive but its easy to use we are familiar and upgrade are hassle-free.

Speaking to a godaddy rep he mentioned going to a dedicated server for our websites, and since we know how to manage things with a cpanel he mention just getting a semi managed dedicated server. I still did not understand how would this benefit us? because i see the max cpu is 4 offered, it is alot of work but we feel like soon we are running out of options on business hosting, please guide how does business hosting vs dedicated server compare?

1 REPLY 1
PL281
Super User II

@medstulife 

The biggest difference between the business hosting and a dedicated server is that business hosting is still shared hosting just with more resources where as Dedicated is you have the whole box - typically with WHM / cPanel so that you can create cPanel accounts for each of your sites. 

I would ask what your business needs are that you are having to upgrade - are you getting more traffic, do you need more disk space - do you need more memory for processing?? Once these questions are answered you can better know which is the best server

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community