cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can not connect through FileZilla

I set up my filezilla as per documentation of Godaddy & video. My fileZilla initially shows connected massage.  And then after showing some massages it disconnect.  Or  Shows connected status but  remote site files are not shown by him. Here are filezilla's 's status messages shown as follows :

Status: Connection established, waiting for welcome message...
Error: Could not connect to server
Status: Connection established, waiting for welcome message...
Response: 220---------- Welcome to Pure-FTPd [privsep] [TLS] ----------
Response: 220-You are user number 13 of 500 allowed.
Response: 220-Local time is now 21:55. Server port: 21.
Response: 220-This is a private system - No anonymous login
Response: 220 You will be disconnected after 15 minutes of inactivity.
Command: AUTH TLS
Response: 234 AUTH TLS OK.
Error: Connection timed out after 90 seconds of inactivity
Error: Could not connect to server

and when I try to chatting about this problem with Godaddy chat agent, they are 24/7 hrs unavailable. OR Godaddy's  pages shows : 'Chat agents are currently unavailable'.  Godaddy is not giving services to us as they advertised.  They fools us !

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Can not connect through FileZilla

Hello @SpShende,

FTP...... File Transfer Protocol,

It can never be broken. That's like saying the internet can break. Only the devices we use (clients), to connect by these processes can go wrong. Your FTP port can only be in two states generally, open or shut.

So providing the fact that your client initially connected then failed...............

has probably more to do with a bad broadband connection, faulty settings in FileZilla or bad procedures by the user. 

try using a different client, or much, much better, the inbuilt ftp client in your computer accessed through the command line. 

Secondly live chat is not 24/7, it is Arizona local time 5am 6pm. Agents do answer other requests apart from yours, so are sometimes busy and show as unavailable. 

It is the phone service which is 24/7

All godaddy Pro members can be delegated access to your account to sort out problems, and support can access your account too. 

Helper IV
Helper IV

hi @SpShende

To log in through FTP (FileZilla).  You should know the primary credentials of your web hosting.  Follow the video tutorial below.

https://youtu.be/J2ai0HvMVd8

Thank You.

New

I had the same problem, now i can connect. Do the following:

In Filezilla Configuration: Site Manager choose Only Use Plain FTP, and Normal access mode 

New

That was my solution also.  Thanks.