Hi, I've created a database and added a user with all permissions to it. Yet, when I use the IP of my website (along with port 3306) and the user credentials, the following is returned:
 Access denied for user '<accountname>'@'<someip>'
Solved! Go to Solution.
I contacted the live chat and they said I have to call hosting support for some reason. I can't do that for now, I should be able to get this working without having to contact support.
I'm using phpStorm, but if the IP of my website is different than the IP I require, it won't work with other programs either. So I'd like to find out the IP I need to connect remotely with MySQL.
Ok, right... when you access phpMyAdmin from your cPanel you should have there the info on the ip of your database server, on the right, at the top.
Yes, but it says "localhost:3306" sadly.
Now, another issue is occurring. I can't even get into my phpMyAdmin anymore, because every time I click "cPanel admin" it loads for a bit and then shows this:
Thanks for the help at least. Sadly I'll need to wait until monday to fix this, because that's when the support phone lines are open. Very inconvenient, since I develop during the weekend.
I just called the USA support number, which indeed was 24/7. They said they can only get the phpMyAdmin working from cPanel, and that they don't assist in connecting remotely to MySQL. However that doesn't seem quite right. Every developer uses remote MySQL connection, because no one is going to be coding PHP in a browser. I've tried phpStorm application, which says access denied when connecting to the MySQL remotely. Then, I've verified that it wasn't the application's fault by using a different application which gave the same error.
The support guy told me that the IP for remote MySQL connection is the same as the one I use for my hosting. This does make sense, since the connection doesn't fail, it just says access denied.
However, I just seem to have found the problem and thus solution by chance. I created another user with a password without special characters, and it works. So I'm guessing the special characters present some kind of problem.
I always go for the autogenerated one. It is a bit dificult to remeber it but I can cope...hehehe... until 503 error comes up and then... I check everything.
Confirming the issue with the password itself. I had a simple underscore and could not get connected until I read this thread. Changed the user password to remove the underscore and it immediately worked.