cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New

Change php settings - Max Execution Time => 180 Max Filesize Upload => 64M

Hello,

I'm working with WordPress and need to change php settings to below.

Max Execution Time => 180
Max Filesize Upload => 64M

Pls help me where can I do this? I can see php.ini file in my root folder, changing it wasn't helpful.

3 REPLIES 3
Super User III
Super User III

Re: Change php settings - Max Execution Time => 180 Max Filesize Upload => 64M

Hey there @vasym,

One thing you could do is change the php.ini and rename it to user.ini. That sometimes has an effect. 

I really would recommend an upgrade to your hosting package if you're still on Classic Web Hosting. If you had a cPanel, this would be corrected in the few clicks of a button. Additionally, you also have a deprecated version of PHP which isn't being upgraded on that platform, leaving you extremely vulnerable if you're running any kind of PHP based CMS.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I drink and I know things. Especially about websites and web hosting.
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

New

How do you do it in the cpanel or on a VPS hosting?

i'm so confused. i have go daddy and managed wordpress. i'm new to wordpress - i code my websites the old fashioned way i guess with html5 and css3, maybe a little help from bootstrap 4. anyway. i have no cpanel. am i the only one that doesn't have cpanel? if it's deprecated than why is this a standard membership sell? i'm going to apologize now for sounding bitter because i am. i only need to create this one website in wordpress and would be glad if i never used it again. i bought into divi because someone told me it was so great - but nothing works from day 1 with divi, and somehow they blame it on everyone else but their product. i'm 3 weeks behind schedule and still have no idea how i'm going to finish building this website with a builder that not only doesn't work but it doesn't let me build without it either! nothing works and i'm ripping my hair out about now. I don't even know if this is going to help anything but i'm supposed to make these changes 

File Permissions 705 - We recommend 755 for the best experience.  max_input_time
 60 - We recommend 180 for the best experience.
max_input_vars 1000 - We recommend 3000 for the best experience. 

If anyone can help me i would appreciate it SO MUCH - this has been a 2 month long nightmare and my patience has been long gone from some time. i really feel helpless right now and that sucks so bad - when i write my own code, i have total control - this stuff is just madness!