cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data privacy and hosting

Hi all,

Just looking for some data privacy support (based in the EU).  These are all technical questions which GoDaddy should be able to answer, so hopefully someone out there has the answers!

In relation to my website built using GoDaddy Website Builder:

1. What data do the GoDaddy servers gather when monitoring the performance of my website? (eg. IP addresses, browser, etc).
  2. How long is this data retained for?
  3. What types of cookies are placed on customer’s computers when I build my website through GoDaddy?  In particular, I have elected to use GoDaddy's website performance analytics, so I need to know what cookies are used.

Some of the questions have been touched upon by the following thread: Privacy Policy Data Hosting details for GDPR.  Unfortunately though, the solution I'm looking for may have been followed-up privately as that thread seems to end abruptly.

Thanks,

Student-of-life

3 REPLIES 3
Super User III
Super User III

Re: Data privacy and hosting

Hello @Student-of-life,

It sounds like the other thread gave all the information a publicly traded company is going to give. Due to legalities, all they will do is provide you with their officially vetted by their legal team answers, which were provided in the other thread. 

Here are some more help articles I found on what they collect and how they use it. 

If you'd like further information, you can contact privacy@godaddy.com

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I drink and I know things. Especially about websites and web hosting.
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

Thanks @MrVapor, really appreciate your thoughts on this!

Super User III
Super User III

@Student-of-life, no worries! I hope you got some of the answers you wanted/were curious about!

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I drink and I know things. Especially about websites and web hosting.
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community