cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New

Domain add-on / Subdomains

I'm working on moving my websites for a few domains to GoDaddy.  When setting it up so that one hosting package covers all of my domains I created add-on domains for the extra domains.  I noticed when i do that it creates a subdomain as well (ie. if my main domain is test.com and i have a 2nd domain what.com, when i create the add-on it also creates a subdomain what.test.com).

I'm not going to use the subdomains (but i will use some subdomains), can i delete the subdomain without affecting the add-ons, or are they tied together?  I realize the subdomain isn't hurting anything, it just looks cleaner if i only have the subdomains I'm actually using.

5 REPLIES 5
Employee
Employee

Re: Domain add-on / Subdomains

In computing, a directory structure is the way an operating system's file system and its files are displayed to the user. Files are typically displayed in a hierarchical tree structureDepending on what kind of site you have, it can really affect how it works. For example, if you have a WordPress site, it could completely mess everything up, because although it may not use the sub domain, it always needs to know it's there. I would recommend talking to your developer about it.

New

Point a new site to a sub-domain

I need the steps require to point a sub-domain to a new site

Highlighted
Helper VI Helper VI
Helper VI

Re: Point a new site to a sub-domain

Go to
My products > domains > manage > DNS settings:

Add a record:
Record type: A Name
Then add the new sub domain along with your your site IP
~Jan Mykhail Hasselbring Web Administrator @ fullstackwebsolution.com
Helper VI Helper VI
Helper VI

Re: Point a new site to a sub-domain

I will be making a proper tutorial for this in the near future.
~Jan Mykhail Hasselbring Web Administrator @ fullstackwebsolution.com

Subdomain added, how to manage it?

I am completely new to subdomains.  I have created my subdomain but I have no idea what to do now.  I am a schools photographer and need a subdomain for each school.  I have created the first to see how I can make it work but don't know what to do now.  Ideally I need a website that I can work on independently to my main site using the subdomain.  Please can someone walk me through this.