cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
skyape
New

Downgrade from Economy Linux?

I know people ask about upgrading their hosting. What about downgrading? I have a site that is no longer being updated but I want to keep it live as a legacy product. It's not a big site and I feel I could keep it aloft for less than the $10 I'm paying each month for GoDaddy's Economy Linux Hosting.  Has anyone ever done this and/or are their any resources available to walk me through it? I've not been able to find any.

Thank you in advance.

SA

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
JesseW
Community Manager

Hi @skyape. The Starter plan is only available in specific regions (India is one). It is not possible to downgrade to this plan. Sorry. If you want to move your site to a Starter plan, you'd need to purchase the Starter plan as a separate hosting account, then migrate your website to it manually. This article may help if you choose to go that route. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give likes.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Muse
Super User I

@skyape 

Maybe this thread can help you out?  😉

Judith
"Good things happen to those who hustle." ~ Anaïs Nin

Thanks. Interestingly, I cannot downgrade my service through that interface, only upgrade. I believe the Starter Hosting plan at $4.99 a month will work fine for my site, which is small and will no longer be updated. I pay $9.99 for the Economy Web Hosting Linux and that is the lowest option I am offered through the drop-down. Even when I scroll up. The Starter Hosting Plan is not an offered option.

JesseW
Community Manager

Hi @skyape. The Starter plan is only available in specific regions (India is one). It is not possible to downgrade to this plan. Sorry. If you want to move your site to a Starter plan, you'd need to purchase the Starter plan as a separate hosting account, then migrate your website to it manually. This article may help if you choose to go that route. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give likes.

View solution in original post