cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

ETA on MySQL 5.6.5 or higher

I am currently in the process of developing a new application that will be using MySQL. I have found that some of the features I am trying to use are only available in 5.6.5 and higher. I was wondering if there are any plans to offer these more recent versions so I can determine if it makes sense to wait or if I need to find workarounds for them.

10 REPLIES 10
Employee
Employee

Re: ETA on MySQL 5.6.5 or higher

Hello and welcome to the community, @dkyerger! Right now PHP version 5.6.27 is available for cPanel shared hosting plans. However, if you're using Managed WordPress then we'll be rolling that out as we can, check this post https://www.godaddy.com/community/Managing-WordPress/Wordpress-Managed-PHP-Version/m-p/17290#M1639 for more details. 

Naterx - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 support available at x.co/247support

I am asking about mySQL version 5.6.5 not PHP. Thank you for the information though.

Solution

Hey @dkyerger

Sorry for the confusion. Right now no official news has been brought to our attention on when the release of new MySQL versions will be made available on our cPanel plans. However, i know our developers are hard at work at making multiple new features available in future releases. 

I'll pass along your interest as feedback to be sure they have this included in their plan updates. 

CG - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
Solution

Hey @dkyerger,

Just wanted to follow up and let you know I was recently informed that we're in the process now of updating our environment to offer MySQL 5.6. I don't have an ETA on when that update will be fully completed, but I understand there has been major progress on most of our environment. 

If you don't see the option now to setup a new 5.6 database account, it hopefully shouldn't be much longer. 

CG - GoDaddy | Community Moderator

Where will we see the option to update to MySQL 5.6?  I'm waiting for this for a Magento install.

Same! i'm getting this error message on my moodle website!

"Moodle 3.2 or later requires at least PHP 5.6.5 (currently using version 5.4.45).
Please upgrade your server software or install older Moodle version."

Quite frustrating! Smiley Happy

Hi, new to the forums...  not too impressed.

why would this be marked as solved when MySQL has not been updated to 5.6?

also, why would you list the magento2 as an application for installation if you cannot support its installation?

In the last 10 years, I have never used the godaddy hosting... the one time I try it to keep life simple, I can't use it.   somewhat ridiculous issues to be having these days, no?

when would we expect to have 5.6 available.  if it is not in a day or two, will have to return to previous host.

most likely falling on deaf ears given what I have read so far, but just in case...  thanks in advance for your support and transparency on the matter.

J

If you have cPanel hosting, go to your hosting "manage" page. Scroll down until you see a section labeled "Software". In there you will find a utility to change your PHP version. 5.6 is one of the options.

LOL Please read, this topic is about MySQL 5.6.5 not PHP 5.6.

I need upgrade my 2 hosting account to MySQL 5.6

I have the exact same issue:  trying to install Moodle and it requires php 5.6.5.  Any updates since January 2017 on this?